• Current Donation Goals

cc1173

Jose Mourinho Sacked For The Second Time by Chelsea. Joins Manchester United.

He has got a great chance of grabbing third place AND winning a double of some sort in his first season at United. Third place would be some achievement with that awful United squad IMO, and the trophies would put him firmly ahead (performance wise) of Guardiola, Klopp, Wenger and Pochettino... Which is about right IMO.

xCELERYx   
10 hours ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

He has got a great chance of grabbing third place AND winning a double of some sort in his first season at United. Third place would be some achievement with that awful United squad IMO, and the trophies would put him firmly ahead (performance wise) of Guardiola, Klopp, Wenger and Pochettino... Which is about right IMO.

They have Man City (A), Swansea (H), Arsenal (A), Tottenham (A), Southampton (A) and Palace (H) left. Then their Europa league games sandwiched in between. Not an easy run, more so when they've been heavily reliant on a now crocked Ibrahimovic for much of the season. Still think they've massively underachieved given they spent £157.25m in the summer and still have a stronger squad than most. One would expect a little more than a League Cup, a potential Europa League final and trying to scrape their way into a CL spot.

That said, it isn't a disaster of a season in the same way that City's has been either.

1 hour ago, zaffo said:

That said, it isn't a disaster of a season in the same way that City's has been either.

Indeed - it is plus a  League cup and a Europa cup run and minus a couple of PL points compared to City, and Liverpool and way ahead of Arsenal.  And at this rate a 9 point improvement on last season.  
And they have a run of form going into the last few games.
I bet Man U fans are happy right now - they have a club that can compete now.

1 hour ago, zaffo said:

They have Man City (A), Swansea (H), Arsenal (A), Tottenham (A), Southampton (A) and Palace (H) left.

That is a  tough run from any teams standards, I am surprised they got it this bad to end the season with.With the team they have I would be very surprised if they can manage more than a draw with either ManC, Arsenal, or Palace. Tottenham  a draw would be more like a win.

^City is a bonus.  Beat City and a third of Manchester will go wild, and they will be leading them by 2 points in the league.  A good time to play them too, after the semi defeat.

And ignore everything ever said about JM desperate to win against Chelsea.  If he is ever 100% out to win a game it will be Thursday against City and Guardiola.

rraccoon   
On 4/24/2017 at 9:13 PM, zaffo said:

Still think they've massively underachieved given they spent £157.25m in the summer and still have a stronger squad than most. One would expect a little more than a League Cup, a potential Europa League final and trying to scrape their way into a CL spot.

Also, that BIG club, playing attractive attacking football, managed by a genius manager - has scored 50 goals in 32 matches. That’s 7th in the league at the moment, 10 (!) less than Everton (after 34 games) and 1 more than mighty Bournemouth (34 games). 

And that’s with Ibrahimovic playing way better than many expected. 

Wondering if that maybe, just maybe, a reason why their manager is so concerned how other managers celebrate goals scored by their teams?

Edited by rraccoon

Jasonb   

It would be nice if Man U beat Spurs when they meet just to see if JM has a remark aimed at us and what he would say.

paulw66   
On 4/25/2017 at 6:48 AM, Droy was my hero said:

^City is a bonus.  Beat City and a third of Manchester will go wild, and they will be leading them by 2 points in the league.  A good time to play them too, after the semi defeat.

And ignore everything ever said about JM desperate to win against Chelsea.  If he is ever 100% out to win a game it will be Thursday against City and Guardiola.

Well, they certainly didn't set out or play like that was the intention. Classic JM masterclass in getting a 0-0

kev61   

If anyone watched the Utd game tonight you would see how Mourhino is losing it.After utd went 1-0 up he parked the bus again and invited Celta Vigo to attack,and but for feckless finishing Celta would have got through.

I honestly worry about his sanity.He looked drained and was kissing his arm or his watch,he has put all his eggs in the EL basket that will define his future,a competition he derided.

I have no doubt now, his Madrid experience has destroyed him as a top class manager.That's what happens when a narcissist doesn't get his own way.If utd don't win the EL it is the beginning of the end for him.

I watched that game, and I tell you what it wasn't a master class. As for the little melee and the double sending off talk about handbags.united fans can no longer slag us off about drogbas slap on vidic.