cc1173

Jose Mourinho Sacked For The Second Time by Chelsea. Joins Manchester United.

11,943 posts in this topic

Here we go again......

Yawn

7 hours ago, Ham said:

Here we go again......

I will just say that, in the interests of everyone's sanity (including mine), we will NOT be going down this well-worn track again. If it continues, i will close the thread (and this time - permanently), and/or remove the offender.  Dwmh needs to grasp the concept that not everyone here sees the world of Mourinho the same way that he obviously does, and that not every single comment in favour of Conte requires a a thoroughly predictable response.

We just won the PL - how about we just celebrate that achievment?

18 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

I will just say that, in the interests of everyone's sanity (including mine), we will NOT be going down this well-worn track again. If it continues, I will close the thread (and this time - permanently), and/or remove the offender.  Dwmh needs to grasp the concept that not everyone here sees the world of Mourinho the same way that he obviously does, and that not every single comment in favour of Conte requires a a thoroughly predictable response.

We just won the PL - how about we just celebrate that achievment?

Bravo. 

On 5/12/2017 at 7:28 PM, Sleeping Dave said:

Seriously, is this the level of arrogance we have allowed ourselves to fall into?

Paul, you're better than this. In fact, you're much better than this. 

Dave, when they appointed Mourinho, you said (I am not looking for the exact post) that you thought they were favourites to win the league. 

They are going to finish 6th. 

Does that represent progress or a good season for them?

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

Dave, when they appointed Mourinho, you said (I am not looking for the exact post) that you thought they were favourites to win the league. 

They are going to finish 6th. 

Does that represent progress or a good season for them?

If they win the EL they'll have two titles to their name and CL qualification. 

Considering the vast re-building job they have ahead of them, I'd say that's progress. 

But of course, finishing sixth isn't exactly where they or Jose wants to be. But let's see where they stand summer 2018. I'm not going to shout from the rooftops that Jose is finished. 

16 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

If they win the EL they'll have two titles to their name and CL qualification. 

Considering the vast re-building job they have ahead of them, I'd say that's progress. 

But of course, finishing sixth isn't exactly where they or Jose wants to be. But let's see where they stand summer 2018. I'm not going to shout from the rooftops that Jose is finished. 

I certainly never said that though. 

You have to admit though, the state of the teams they have faced in the EL has not exactly been tough. 

They spent a load of money (again) in the summer and can at best improve by 2 points. 

If they lose the EL final - their season has been at best,  poor. 

On 2017-5-13 at 3:01 PM, Kezza said:

Conte is the epitome of how to behave and be classy as a manager and Jose is the complete opposite. 

Absolutely, Conte is pure class.

Forza Conte...

So spending £160 million, having a squad worth over £250 million, with the likes of Pogba, Ibrahimovic, Rashford, Mata, Mikhitarian, Herrera, Martial, Bailly, Smalling and De Gea, progress is 6th and winning the Europa league. 

I guarantee if Rafa or any other manager did the same, here or at United, he'd be called a flop. 

Jose has underachieved at United, even if they win the Europa league, no matter what the Jose-worshippers say. Given their budget, quality and size of their squad, there's literally no excuse to not be finishing top 3 and competing for the title. None. If a Chelsea manager had that squad and budget, finishing 6th and winning the league cup and Europa would not be good enough. It's definitely not good enough at United. 

As Kezza said, Conte is the epitome of how to behave and be classy as a manager. Jose might be a great manager, but he's an arrogant, self-involved human being who takes no responsibility for his failures, and blames them on anyone but himself.

When Conte loses a game, you don't hear anything about referees at all, no complaints about the opposition, and I'm guessing you'd hear nothing about number of fixtures either. He either takes responsibility himself (most of the time), or takes collective responsibility with the players. Jose always blames anyone and everyone but himself. Every single time. Classless. 

Jose might be the most successful manager in our history, and he has my total respect and gratitude on that score, but as man, he has no class at all and no respect from me.

14 hours ago, James Prescott said:

Given their budget, quality and size of their squad, there's literally no excuse to not be finishing top 3 and competing for the title.

I think what is unacceptable is to stop trying, not for not finishing top 3. He gave up on CL before it became impossible.

I so hope Ajax win.