• Current Donation Goals

cc1173

Jose Mourinho Sacked For The Second Time by Chelsea. Joins Manchester United.

Ham   
2 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

I think you are creating your own set of facts to match your convictions.

I've said it before.  You don't watch our matches.

9 hours ago, Sleeping Dave said:

A rigid 4231? Under JM we played a far more possession based and attacking based football than what we do under Conte. My main critisism of Jose's second stun was that he was fr too attacking in his base-line tactic. 

Thats not even a remotely remarkable claim. It's clearly showed in the stats from the games. 

For periods, Jose's 4231 was more defensive and counter-attacking but never the default tactic for a prolonged period. Conte's 3-4-2-1 is counter-attacking by default and only on rare occasions do we take the initiative. 

Thats clear to see if you go back in time and study possession and territory numbers from the games both managed. 

I think the point being that Jose sticks to his 4-2-3-1, hence a rigidity towards a system.

Conte has shown to be very flexible with formations, often moving between three (3-4-3, 3-5-2, 4-2-4) within a single game. 

Jose's rigidity towards his system has meant that several players (such as Pogba, Mkhitaryan and Rashford) haven't played in their preferred positions. 

23 minutes ago, A Blue Essien said:

I think the point being that Jose sticks to his 4-2-3-1, hence a rigidity towards a system.

Conte has shown to be very flexible with formations, often moving between three (3-4-3, 3-5-2, 4-2-4) within a single game. 

Jose's rigidity towards his system has meant that several players (such as Pogba, Mkhitaryan and Rashford) haven't played in their preferred positions. 

Yeah fair enough, I wouldn't disagree with that. 

But it is slightly odd though, considering that flexibility used to be one of Jose's main strengths... 

Now that Jose is on the other side as a manager, I'm realizing how annoying his propaganda and victim mentality are!

Every situation he has an excuse ready to dish out. He can never admit he has failed with size of ego he has. Spending a fortune on players and getting a complete season with Man United, he still has to cling on to rubbish excuses like fixture congestion and injuries. Some people are naive enough to buy his bullsh*t but I always feel he does this to take attention away from his failings.

20 minutes ago, Sleeping Dave said:

^or alternatively remove the pressure from his players. 

Its not working though, is it?

I'm sure protecting players is a part of it but Jose always believed in creating the "Us Against the World" mentality to galvanize the players. It gets old too fast though when you start running out of excuses.

Kezza   
8 hours ago, lastbronx4u said:

Its not working though, is it?

I'm sure protecting players is a part of it but Jose always believed in creating the "Us Against the World" mentality to galvanize the players. It gets old too fast though when you start running out of excuses.

He's not even protecting players anymore. Throws them under the bus when they dont play well. Everything is about himself these days.

Galol   
20 hours ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

By all means lets focus on the league position when he openly stated for quite a while that he couldnt be bothered about the league results. 

As the harlot Mandy Rice-Davies famously said, "he would say, wouldn't he?" Mourinho is master at erecting his own strawman and then proceeding to knock them down. His remit when hired was to compete for the league title and at the very least finish in top four position. Instead, Man U is languishing in 6th and all hpes of them qualifying for CL hinges on Europa league final win: a total punt. Finals are always a gamble. This is an overwhelming failure.

You don't believe me? Then go back to the past. You know, when the past wasn't the past but the past was the present as in July 2016 and August 2016. Everyone was predicting a two-horse PL season between the two greatest living managers in world football: Pep and Jose. Both have been colossal disappointments.           

17 minutes ago, Ham said:

it says nothing (of course) about the fact that he's actually been forced into giving some 'youth' a chance (which he's regularly bemoaned), directly because of the massive injury toll to his frst team squad. And he's been talking it up again over the past few days. At least this shows that he still has his media puppets.......or maybe they're SAF left overs?...... and the ability to paint himsef as 'poor old Jose'!