cc1173

Jose Mourinho Sacked For The Second Time by Chelsea. Joins Manchester United.

11,943 posts in this topic

I'm confident we'll beat the drop.

Sorry, but I find these sort of comments perplexing. If you listen to some on here, Emenalo does nothing, and it's all down to Marina Granovskaia - when we apparently buy somebody good, that is. Others tell us that it's Mourinho who decides who we buy and sell, with ME and MG working out the availability/negotiating the fee, etc.. On the other hand, when we don't buy 'good enough' players, the 'right' players, or enough of them, then it's Emenalo's fault.

I'm perplexed you're perplexed. Michael Emenalo does nothing? Then who on earth is sanctioning the likes of Baba Rahman, Hector and Djillibodji? Do you really think Jose is? Jose claims never to have heard of them. He won't even play Baba Rahman while Ivanovic's form is in free fall.

If I found out that it's Jose that's responsible for our summer transfer fiasco or for the likes of Marin, Salah and Cuadrado then I'm switching into the Jose must go camp. But until then, Michael Emenalo seems the most likely culprit. Otherwise what are we paying him good money for?

We've had 2 "bad" results. Palace and Southampton. The other defeats can happen in any given season. People need to take a deep breath. Remember the 3 black November's in a row. We will come out the other side.

I'm perplexed you're perplexed. Michael Emenalo does nothing? Then who on earth is sanctioning the likes of Baba Rahman, Hector and Djillibodji? Do you really think Jose is? Jose claims never to have heard of them. He won't even play Baba Rahman while Ivanovic's form is in free fall.

If I found out that it's Jose that's responsible for our summer transfer fiasco or for the likes of Marin, Salah and Cuadrado then I'm switching into the Jose must go camp. But until then, Michael Emenalo seems the most likely culprit. Otherwise what are we paying him good money for?

I'm not sure that you read what I actually said - I didn't say that Emenalo does nothing, but that's what people here come up with when anyone praises Emenalo for the likes of Hazard, Costa, etc.. Then, it's either Marina, or Jose (or both) who are responsible. However, just about always, it's Emenalo who gets it in the neck if we don't buy certain players, or we buy players who people aren't satisfied with. The reality is that nobody here knows who is actually responsible for these decisions, but Emenalo is the easiest target, because he keeps the lowest profile.

By the way, JM may have said that he hadn't seen Hector and Djilibodji before we bought them, but I'm pretty sure that he didn't say that about Baba Rahman.

My guess is that the buying/selling function is handled by the 3 of them in concert - a committee, if you like, with input from our scouting network. And if that's true, than all them should shoulder the blame when it doesn't work, and get the praise when it does.

OK, I've calmed down now. Yesterday was quite emotional.

More considered opinion - Jose should stay. For now. He's a proven world class manager. But, he is on trial for his job now. It really does appear he's lost some of the dressing room. Players don't look fit. Players are lacking confidence to severe proportions. Tactically Jose is making massive mistakes, which are unlike him. He's picking the wrong team, when pretty much the whole world can see Ivanovic has lost it, and Fabregas is off form and needs a kick up the backside.

He knows now he's under severe pressure - and he should be given recent results. He knows he has to turn it around in the next two months - well, immediately - or he's going to lose his job.

Chelsea want CL football as a minimum. We need it for the status of the club, to get the players that we want, and financially. Its a non-negotiable.

And the players are good enough talent wise. Jose can't say he hasn't got a good enough squad. This squad should be top 3 comfortably, if not higher.

If Jose was a player, on this form he'd be benched. I suspect he might get a few games to turn this around, because he has a good relationship with Roman and the club this time around and they want a long term manager, they want stability. But to keep his job he has to prove again why he's a world class manager, he has to start performing at the level of last year, and the majority of his career. He has to get the players fit, motivated, confident and back in form. And he has to make tough decisions selection wise.

RLC deserves a chance to prove himself. In the games he's played he's looked our best midfielder this season, with Ramires not far behind. He deserves a chance and it looks like he will get one according to Jose's quotes. Baba also deserves a run. He's looked good when he's got games and then Dave switches over. Zouma should be playing because he gives us pace at the back, alongside Cahill. JT looked gone yesterday, making silly mistakes he never would have made before. Kenedy deserves more game time, and so does Willian. Kenedy maybe not starting every game, but getting on more often.

We also need variety of tactics. 4-3-3 is clearly the way to go. Play Mikel (who again has looked solid when he's played) with Ramires and RLC just ahead of him, and Willian, Costa and Hazard as the front 3. And if Hazard keeps playing crap, bring Kenedy in.

Right now we need players who are up for it. Who care. Who have the right mentality. Who will show up and keep trying. And if that means leaving big names out, so be it.

These players need a kick up the backside in terms of their attitude, but they also need some confidence, and they need to get fit. Right now we are beginning games well but fading - Newcastle apart. We need that confidence, bordering on arrogance, back. We need that winning mentality back. We need to be bold, to try things, to have a go, to take players on. We need to play pacey, pressing, quick pass and move football, get the ball forward quickly and go for the jugular.

We have the players to do this. It's time for them to show up. And it's time for the real Jose to show up, and to make the bold, difficult decisions.

I want Jose here long-term. I want stability. But the fact is Jose is now under pressure and he knows it - his quotes yesterday proved it. He has to turn this around, or ultimately he will have to go. I'm a Chelsea supporter, and the club is bigger than any manager, even a legend like Jose.

The players are good enough. And they have to have to start performing, and so does the manager.

Emanalo got us Ramires, Oscar, Kenedy, Baba Rahman, Zouma, Courtois and Dave. He got us Schurrle & De Bruyne (who whilst they didn't work out here are clearly good players). He helped get us Costa, Luis and Fabregas. He scouted John Stones, who we have been watching for years. He's not done a bad job.

I don't buy that Jose wasn't backed over the summer, we bid £38 million for Stones and Everton turned it down. We'll be back for him and get him next summer - they might even go for him in January on our current form, maybe offer Papa (who it looks like will never play for us) on loan the other way plus about £40 million.

We bought Pedro, who hasn't been awful at all, and has looked pretty good. Our bad form has kind of got in the way of him really shining as yet, but I think he will. We got Baba, who looks to have great potential. Begovic was a solid signing.

I'm sure we will go big in January, not the usual January window. We need a quality DM and to be honest we need a quality CB with pace (like John Stones). A top class attacking/creative player wouldn't go amiss either, but that might have to wait until next summer.

There have been a few flops with Emanalo - Cuadrado and Salah (though we've actually made a profit on him - now officially sold for £14-16 million). But that's totally understandable over a period of time. But generally he's done pretty well.

We have a squad capable of getting top four comfortably if they play to their potential. They just aren't right now.

Any fan that was screaming for Jose to come back to Chelsea and now wants him out should be ashamed of themselves, where is their loyalty?

I love José and wanted him back. But who willl you be more loyal towards, José og Chelsea? So nobody should feel ashamed for realizing that José can't get us out of this crisis. As I see it now, we might end up fighting for relegation. There are no positives to take from this season really. We play badly, we don't create much, we defend badly, and our manager always blames the referee. Very worrying, and I don't think José can turn this around TBF.

I want Jose to stay and succeed, let me make this clear. But I just don't believe so much anymore.

Exactly my thinking.

I like the fact Jose has stated he will never resign, good on him. He is also correct in saying now is the time to stick together and unite, when things are tough and not going well. It's easy to support a team when they are winning things but now is the time they need our support more than ever.

I'm 100% behind Jose and feel we should stick with him throughout this season, I also believe him when he says he will get us into the top 4 by the end of the season. We will come good again.

Sounds like RLC will be starting the next game, let's hope he can make an impact.

Any fan that was screaming for Jose to come back to Chelsea and now wants him out should be ashamed of themselves, where is their loyalty?

If we have a poor season with Jose then so be it, so what, you can't win every year. I would rather have Jose in charge then somebody else coming in.

Boom. Nice one Jonners.

We've had 2 "bad" results. Palace and Southampton. The other defeats can happen in any given season. People need to take a deep breath. Remember the 3 black November's in a row. We will come out the other side.

Why the brackets?There werent "bad" resuls,they were just plain bad results with no excuses of injuries or that old chestnut the refferee.We score only from dead ball situations and we have no pattern to our attacking play,nothing, nada.How many times last season Hazard saved us with some individual magic.This season to his great credit Willian has added fantastic quality to his dead ball delivery to his work rate.This not new, Jose is a cancer to attacking football.The only difference now is that his forte ,deffending organisation is failing him also.He wont resign and I dont think is the money.Is just stuborness ,same stuborness that keeps Ivanovic and Fabregas in the team.Somebody produced a stat that no team who started this badly finished in top 5.So we are on course to be Utd under Moyes.I have been supporting Cfc since 94 and I can't think of a period when I watched a more joyless football since then.