cc1173

Jose Mourinho Sacked For The Second Time by Chelsea. Joins Manchester United.

11,943 posts in this topic

100% agree with all of this

Very mixed emotions.

To lay my cards on the table, I loved Jose the first time round, and was in heaven when he returned.

but right now, having watched every game this season, having witnessed Eva gate, the rants, the paranoid attacks on refs, the talks of betrayals, the very un-jose-like inability to change games with panache... What I feel is a kind of relief (I'm being absolutely honest here).

In my view - we've been **** this year. Maybe the Board didn't buy him Stones and Pogba, maybe the refs hate us, maybe Roman and the Board are Muppets, the home crowd too quiet and the players overpaid lightweights - but this squad is way too good to be where it is.

There was no sign of a turnaround, just the absorbtion of all focus onto Jose - a sort of cult of the personality.

So, yes - sad and pissed off it went weird again. And sad to lose a guy you feel you could love as a chelsea man. But exhausted and frustrated by him too. And I won't be booing players on Saturday - or singing jose or any other managers name.

Just cheering my team on - getting behind the boys in blue. Back to the football. Finished with the circus!

A coach building a ten year dynasty - that world is gone; coaches now travel in 2-4 year contracts.

The continuity, the dynasty, is built by the fans and the club.

To be fair that hasn't happened in this country in the last 30 years beyond United and Arsenal and the latter are hardly an example of its success.

Oh.....tell a lie.... Crewe....and ditto.

To be fair that hasn't happened in this country in the last 30 years beyond United and Arsenal and the latter are hardly an example of its success.

Oh.....tell a lie.... Crewe....and ditto.

HOORAY! Someone in the real world.....massive clubs change managers often and still win. Wenger and Fergie are from a different era.

Fernando Torres always did his best too.

We are Chelsea fans it's not Jose FC.

People who call the board things like weak and stupid...hilarious. Do you honestly think that? These people are running one of the world's biggest football clubs and the black and white thinking is sometimes laughable.

I adored Jose but sadly it's a results business. There is blame for everyone here but remember we won stuff before and after Jose - including, if memory serves, the Double and a certain other cup; the one with the big ears.

"Torres always did his best" I will leave this article specially for you.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2218643/Fernando-Torres-I-didn't-care-Chelsea-won-lost--attitudes-changed-now.html

Yeah we have won other trophies without Jose with a completely different squad. Our last major trophy before Jose was CL with the likes of Drogba ,Cech, Lampard, Terry and Cole who played for the badge despite the amount of torrid coaches they went through they still gave 100% and thats why we were never sitting 16th in the table cause we had leaders and strong mentally loyal players who put Chelsea before there personal gain. They easily could have let us sink down to our worst start to a season but they had guts and pride to be still driving the team despite clashing with many managers. This is what our current bunch dont have. Back then I saw us as a team united now I just see half a team and many individuals.

He's part of our history no question.

In 2005 I proudly wore my signed Mourinho CFC baseball cap everywhere.

Same year I manufactured and flogged across London, replica premiership drinking trophys with the Chelsea badge embossed- knocked out the remaining quantity this year on Eel Brook Common the day of the parade; Indirectly Jose made me a nice few bob.

Loved him at first, not my cup of Bovril in recent years.

And yes, the man deserves to honoured with a bronze statue

HOORAY! Someone in the real world.....massive clubs change managers often and still win. Wenger and Fergie are from a different era.

And in the real world there are more and more clubs with financial muscle, and there is a dearth of talented mangers out there. Yes, we could get lucky, and I agree with Blue Fizz's mixed emotions, though not necessarily the dynasty theory. Make no mistake replacing someone like Jose won't be easy, but we know that don't we. Let's hope we do get lucky. Edited by nutmegsw6

Objectively:

• Best manager in the world (certainly top 2)
  • Best manager we've ever had
  • Results not been good enough this season
  • No sign of turning it around
  • Been given a stay of execution; other managers would have been sacked months ago
  • Managers don't create dynasties any more
  • Players aren't playing for him
  • Creates a lot of bad press for the club, intentionally or not

It's incredibly sad because he's one of us but the players should be ashamed of their performances this season.

I don't like him - I'll be honest - but he is a phenomenal manager and his record and achievements worldwide but especially at this club should have at the very least afforded him the whole of this season to turn it around. We would never have been relegated with him at the helm - never. So as many other posters have already said, 4th is gone so what is the difference between finishing 5th or 15th? None is the answer to that.

A lot of the playing staff are shithouses; Hazard, Costa, Fabregas, Ivanovic... awful representatives of the club.

http://www.therichest.com/sports/soccer-sports/top-10-greatest-club-dynasties-in-uefa-history/?view=all

And some of these clubs are repeating history. No more dynasties...... tosh.

It's all about everybody working together for a common goal, unfortunately here even the tea ladies argue over the biscuits.

Edited by nutmegsw6

Butch on SKY talking very well. Another one of us.