cc1173

Jose Mourinho Sacked For The Second Time by Chelsea. Joins Manchester United.

11,943 posts in this topic

Yes, from what Vinod wrote, I clearly failed to get this out of it ...

Anyway, do you think the board sacked him because they feared we would be relegated? We have not been under the line once, and there were 22 games left of the season when he got sacked. Plus, there is a January transfer window to make sure relegation would never happen. I would be shocked if they sacked him because they thought relegation was an issue. If they were content with mid-table finish this season, they should have kept him. Still two trophies to fight for with the same squad that won two trophies last year.

It would have contributed to the overall decision, yes. Doesn't matter if we hadn't yet been occupied one of the relegation places, we were a single point away. Which is ridiculous given we're the champions. The sides in and around the same positions are collecting points and we've continued to slide further and further down the table. We've not once looked like a genuine team out there, even in the games we've managed to scrap a win (WBA aside). Additional leeway was given to Mourinho to correct things but it evidently never really occurred. Not only did the results fail to come, but we generally put in poor performance after poor performance most times. Throw in all the off-field matters and it doesn't create an atmosphere for the club to thrive within. First point of call is remaining in the EPL at this stage, everything else comes second. There's no point winning the CL or FA Cup if we end up in the Championship. As for the January window. It's a difficult market to deal in and players tend to come at a premium. The Jan window wouldn't (won't) have single handedly solved our problems.

Whilst I do rate Pardew as a manager, I dont think he is the right man for us at present.

The guy clearly has a huge ego and arrorgant edge and nothing wrong with that as such. I just think that when you have that edge at a massive club dealing with big players and personalities , you need to have done something very noteworthy in the game to earn that respect.

I'm just not sure our playing squad would quite take to him and respect him enough.

He had a fairly average career as a player and whilst he has had success as a manager, its generally been at much smaller clubs .

Not sure it would work out for him here.

Yep. Pards' sides play as a team, everyone knows their jobs and they have fantastic spirit. I'd not say no to him at ours at all but I think it'll be Simeone.

If you talk to either West Ham or Charlton fans Matt, they'll tell you that Pardew is OK for a while, but then it all falls apart. Wham fans, in particular, were very impressed with him initially but ended up thinking he was an idiot in fact. I imagine that Newcastle fans share some of that feeling too.

First part, he might well be, but publicly? Imagine the grief we'd get if any of our our managers had said this exactly.

Second part - Google is your friend (hint: Carl Fletcher at West Ham, was allegedly one of them)

Google it. I've been living in a bubble.

We can't touch Pardew with a barge pole. The press, media, oppo fans would make his life and ours a misery. Shame.

Edited by NoblyBobly

If you talk to either West Ham or Charlton fans Matt, they'll tell you that Pardew is OK for a while, but then it all falls apart. Wham fans, in particular, were very impressed with him initially but ended up thinking he was an idiot in fact. I imagine that Newcastle fans share some of that feeling too.

Almost every manager gets the sack and is viewed as an idiot by a section of the fans at the end. I remember even Carlo got a LOT of stick on here at the end.

Not sure Pardew is the right choice but I'd be curious to see how he'd do at a big club. He'd probably last 1,5 - 2 seasons and I doubt our next man in charge will last longer than that anyway.

Doesn't hurt that he's a Chelsea fan either.

I don't believe for one second he'll get the job though

Apparently odds have been slashed on a hitherto unknown Italian manager from Norwood getting the job.

Alfonso Pardewlli.

Almost every manager gets the sack and is viewed as an idiot by a section of the fans at the end. I remember even Carlo got a LOT of stick on here at the end.

Not sure Pardew is the right choice but I'd be curious to see how he'd do at a big club. He'd probably last 1,5 - 2 seasons and I doubt our next man in charge will last longer than that anyway.

Doesn't hurt that he's a Chelsea fan either.

I don't believe for one second he'll get the job though

Yeh, fair point mate. Nevertheless, I watched quite a few Charlton games after he'd replaced the dreadful Ian Dowie there. Like I said, initially he rallied the troops and did well, but then he just lost it altogether, exactly the same at West Ham too I believe. Anyway, I agree with you. I don't see Roman giving him the job in any case.

"They sacked Mourinho for Pellegrini?"

Those 5 words are going to resonate all over my Xmas. Thanks for that.

Holistic football my a***.

Yeh, fair point mate. Nevertheless, I watched quite a few Charlton games after he'd replaced the dreadful Ian Dowie there. Like I said, initially he rallied the troops and did well, but then he just lost it altogether, exactly the same at West Ham too I believe. Anyway, I agree with you. I don't see Roman giving him the job in any case.

My brother is a Charlton fan, they hate Pardew there. Think he is a comedian.

Why would we take Willian's or Terry's word for it? Given the love for Jose by the fans, no way would they come out and say they opposed him.

I would like to know what was Terry doing when this rabble of a team was allegedly being stroppy (well some of them)if Mourinho couldn't get through to them then surely captain,leader,legend has to step up right.? And if he did try and get through to the players then he failed big time.