Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

exiledblue

Match Fixing

16 posts in this topic

I very much doubt it - it will be an East European or Asian team that played a low key game here.

While I have no doubt that Barca have influence or worse, they would not be part of the investigations that are being made now. Nor would anyone find it easy to identify unusual betting patterns in a Chelsea Barca game.

The way they work is to find games with odd betting and an odd result to match. And the presumed influence would by on the losing team paid to throw the game, not the referee. I'm afraid Ovrebo and co can sleep soundly for now.

No chance it was that game ... An Italian journalist seems certain it was a qualifier. If that's the case, it'd have to be one of these fixtures.

Liverpool - Standard Liege
Arsenal - Twente
Arsenal - Celtic
Tottenham - Young boys
Arsenal - Udinese

I've read that the reported Champions league game in England was Liverpool vs Debrecen. Apparently Debrecen were paid to let three goals in for the 'over 2.5 goals' bet. LFC could only score one!

HAHAHA! Liverpool can't even score when their opposition is being bought to leak goals!!

HAHAHA! Liverpool cant even score when their opposition is being bought to leak goals!!

Who was their manager for that game? :/

Who was their manager for that game? :/

it is no surprise it was rafa and torres did not score

I was not suggesting barca were bribed in any way but the ref was certainly accused of some strange decisions.

Blimey, talk about backing the wrong horse, Torres to score three? Benites to make it so?

Never.Gonna.Happen.Ever.

I've read that the reported Champions league game in England was Liverpool vs Debrecen. Apparently Debrecen were paid to let three goals in for the 'over 2.5 goals' bet. LFC could only score one!

HAHAHA! Liverpool can't even score when their opposition is being bought to leak goals!!

I think this is someone putting two and two together to get five ... An England-based game in the last 3-4 years was mentioned and the Debrecen keeper has been (if I'm understanding correctly) found guilty of participating in some form of match/bet fixing since.

I think this is someone putting two and two together to get five ... An England-based game in the last 3-4 years was mentioned and the Debrecen keeper has been (if I'm understanding correctly) found guilty of participating in some form of match/bet fixing since.

I agree, until we hear it officially and we should as its still being invested dont count anything out

The way we've been playing lately, I'm surprised we haven't been investigated.