• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

stuart_cfc

Rubin Kazan Away

Anyone thinking of heading to Russia? I've heard of a few that will go if it's in Moscow, but no one if its in Kazan. Living in Edinburgh I'm quite lucky we have a visa centre and Russia Consulate just a 25 minute walk away, could save a lot of time when it comes to getting the visa. I will wait till the venue is confirmed before making any decision. Chances are the Thomas Cook package won't be going so I looked up how to get to Kazan... Return flights from Moscow are anything between £100-150 or you can get overnight sleeper trains for £40 return if you can get enough time of work etc. Easyjet flights from Gatwick to Moscow have jumped in price a fair bit so I'm assuming a few have booked that. I haven't been to Russia before so I've spent a fair bit of the weekend looking into it... just hope UEFA do there pitch inspection of Kazan's pitch ASAP and let us know to make things a bit easier. I know Newcastle fans had a nightmare when they played Anzhi a couple of weeks ago as they only had something like 8 days to sort everything out after Thomas Cook cancelled there package at the last minute.

Booked a return flight with EasyJet Gatwick to Moscow for £172 fly out Wednesday, back Friday, if the game does get moved back to Kazan it will add another £120+ to the trip as I will have to fly back to Moscow from Kazan so to get flight back, train back is not an option.

What is the crack with the Visa`s read something about requiring a sponsor ??

I'm going to give this company a phone in the morning regarding the visa support. £20 and they will give you all the support documents you need, just phoning to make sure there genuine etc but I'm sure they are (http://www.myrussianvisa.com/VisaSupport/About/index.shtml). To get the visa from Edinburgh I will have to pay £76 and take my passport, visa application and the support documents which I hope to get from the above company... so £96 all in all isn't too bad. Went in on Friday to the visa centre in Edinbugh to ask them a few questions and they were very helpful. You can also get visa support documents from most hotels and hostels, but I've read hotel's and hostels give you a fixed itinerary... which could make travelling between Moscow and Kazan a bit complicated should the game be moved unless you plan on flying straight from Moscow to Kazan when you get into Russia from London. I'm sure Chelsea provided support documents for supporters who went to Moscow in October 2010 for the Champions League game but I'll need someone else to confirm that. On the Visa application and for the support documents we have to specify what cities we will be visiting, so thats no good until we find out where the game is. Hopefully UEFA stick to there word and we'll know by Tuesday. Not sure where I want the game to be played... if its in Moscow it will make things a whole lot easier with more to do although it is much more expensive... and on the other hand its not often you get to go to places like Kazan! Just have to wait and see

Cheers for the info, just worried about this Visa business regarding cost, what info they require and if the companies involved are trustworthy, will probably have to go up to London to pick Visa up, but ideally doing it via Special Delivery will save an expensive train trip.

If the game gets moved back to Kazan, I will do the overnight train, at least that will be one nights accomadation sorted, just hope UEFA get this shambles of not knowing where the game is being played ASAP so the club can start giving info out to any hardy fans travelling the Russia

I called the company I listed in my previous post and they seemed reliable, women was again really helpful so they seem a good shout to get the invitation and support documents for £20. Then the visa itself costs between £76-115 depending on where you get it from, and can take between a week to 2 weeks to process.

You can get the train tickets from here https://www.realrussia.co.uk/trains/index.php?step=3&refp=15

The prices seemed to of gone up slightly since I last checked. Shame there's no trains which leave Moscow early Thursday morning, there's only overnight ones.

I have a mate who has a Russian bird and he's going over there with her the same time we are playing in Russia believe it or not! He says online the visa application takes around an hour to fill in, he also said you need to have all the support and your accommodation sorted before you make a start of it as it asks you for all of that... again can't do this until we know where the game is. Hopefully we find out about that tomorrow or Wednesday

I have provesionally booked two nights in Moscow with free cancellation on Booking.Com, obviously if the game gets shifted to Kazan, its cancel those and re-book in Kazan for a night

Thats me sorted, flying out from Glasgow via Amsterdam at not a bad price. Doing Wednesday till Saturday over there since that was the best price for flights left. Went into the visa centre in Edinburgh on Friday to submit my application and support documents, all going well I should have it all on Friday.

Also thought I'd share this link, I was reading on a Kazan fans forum that they are still trying to get the game played in Kazan, I can't see UEFA allowing it but reading some of the previous articles I know they are really pissed off, as apparently the pitch is fine its just the weather that is the main worry. And apparently Russia is a completely different country in April than it is in March.

The translation isn't that great

http://www.fcrubin.ru/

Application and new photo all sorted, just have to send paperwork off tomorow to London and then hopefully within seven days Visa will have arrived, next problem is when tickets will be going on sale and where is safe in Moscow to have a beer, will have to meet up Stuart

Nystad   

Stuart you nutcase. Hope you've got someting saved up if we reach the next round.
:-)