• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SebastienBonny

Basel Away

Chrisb   

I noticed that about the hotels too. I don't know of anything else on at that time so seems a bit odd. May end up staying outside the city.

Chrisb   

I've had a thought on this. I may be wrong, but is it possible that hotels have withdrawn their rooms over those dates since the draw was made and Basel were drawn at home, whilst they "seasonally adjust" their prices? I'll have another look later and I won't be surprised if there is some availability.

I've had a thought on this. I may be wrong, but is it possible that hotels have withdrawn their rooms over those dates since the draw was made and Basel were drawn at home, whilst they "seasonally adjust" their prices? I'll have another look later and I won't be surprised if there is some availability.

Is a possibility!

I will book a room outside the city (quickly 20 miles outside Basel) with the possibility to cancel it.

There is a watch and jewellery convention that starts the 25th April hence no hotels that day. I'm booked on the Ryanair flight to Strasbourg on the Thursday. Get into Basel around 7.30pm. Don't want to be hanging around too long. Expensive. No hotels and not booked a return flight yet.

Swiss is expensive indeed.

Thinking about staying in Strasbourg it's on our way to Basel (departing from Belgium).

Someone should be sober enough to be able to return to Strasbourg after the game :-)

Chrisb   

Going to have to come back fri/sat due to the Swansea game which at the mo is on Sat 27th but will be pushed back to Sun 28th, unfortunately this makes it more expensive!

Right return journey booked now. So it goes like this:

London to Stansted Aiport with Easybus (11am) : £5

Stansted to Strasbourg with Ryanair (2.25pm - 4.50pm): £30

Strasbourg Train Station to Basel Station (5.51pm) :£10

WIN THE GAME

DRINK THE CITY DRY and steal all the Toblerone.

Pull an all nighter.

Mulhouse to Dijon TGV train at 5.51am getting in at 7.10am. Connecting TGV at 7.25am arrives at 9.07am in Paris Gare Est (£20).

Pop along the Paris Metro to the Euroline Coach from Gallieni at 10.30am getting back to London at 5.30pm for £40.

So all in all £105 for a Euro Away travel wise is very very good. Shame Swiss beer is horrendously expensive.