Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

seasideblues

Amsterdam

0 posts in this topic

Has anyone booked flights for amsterdam yet,know we have a semi final to get through,but for £85 return from manchester had to be booked.!!!!!!!!!

What day you arriving sebastienbonny...I arrive tuesday morning fly back thursday.can you get a refund if need be on hotel

What day you arriving sebastienbonny...I arrive tuesday morning fly back thursday.can you get a refund if need be on hotel

Yes I will cancel it if we don't make it to final.

I can pay for the hotel on arrival so if I cancel it at least one day in advance no costs will be made.

Driving to Amsterdam wednesday morning and returning thursday around noon I guess.

Should be one of my shortest travels since Genk last year.

If God forbid, we dont make it to the final, will people with flights already booked still go. Having been to Amsterdam last year it's a top place and with a footie event and other attractions in town, it could be a right laff.

Over 300 people went to Dam after booking after the Prague game assuming Ajax wouldn't mess up a 2-0 win. They did mess up but heard my mates who went out there said it was a great atmosphere out there.

Over 300 people went to Dam after booking after the Prague game assuming Ajax wouldn't mess up a 2-0 win. They did mess up but heard my mates who went out there said it was a great atmosphere out there.

If we get to the final how many tickets will we get I heard 10k is this right also as 2nd leg isn't till 2/5/13,we have less than 2 weeks to sort everything out flights hotel tickets ect. By that time how many flights will be left and at what cost. Could be more chelsea in amsterdam without tickets than chelsea with tickets as me and 3 mates are booked and we have no chance of getting tickets see you all in the red light area.

If we get to the final how many tickets will we get I heard 10k is this right also as 2nd leg isn't till 2/5/13,we have less than 2 weeks to sort everything out flights hotel tickets ect. By that time how many flights will be left and at what cost. Could be more chelsea in amsterdam without tickets than chelsea with tickets as me and 3 mates are booked and we have no chance of getting tickets see you all in the red light area.

There are only 10,000 official tickets given to each team

The Amsterdam Arena holds 48,000 for this event.

10k for Team A

10k for Team B

18k for the UEFA general sale ballot

10k for UEFA Family, Sponsors, Delegates etc

-------

48k in total.

We'd bring over 25k if we get there. Easier than Munich. Amsterdam is more of a 'fun' City than Munich in comparison for Brits etc.

My issue is if Fenerbahce get through. Would be their first ever European Final. They'd easily bring 50,000 especially as there is a huge Turkish population living in Germany (especially in North Germany) which is very close to Amsterdam and obviously the supporters from Istanbul etc. It wouldn't be great in my opinion, a lot of trouble ahead between fans clashing. Also, I'm sure Dutch hooligans from Ajax, Feyenoord, PSV and Den Haag would see this as a good opportunity to cause trouble (over 200 of Ajax 'Ultras' came over to London having booked up thinking they were going to play Chelsea in 1/4 Finals). I hope Benfica can get through both for a footballing point of view but also an off the field reason.