Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

seasideblues

Half Way To Amsterdam But !

0 posts in this topic

Well after last nights great win another final seems to be heading our way,BUT has anybody seen the hotel prices in amsterdam !! A 1 star hotel at least £75 plus per night ,hostels aren't much better.

Has any one found the same or found any good hotels cheap,booked flight 2 weeks ago so got that cheap,but finding some where to stop for 2 nights is different story

I suspect there are a lot of fans of the four remaining teams which have reserved a huge swarth of rooms just in case. I would wait until both games are completed next Thursday and those fans who will not be going will cancel there rooms.

Worked for me in Munich when we knocked out Barcelona.

Thats what I did for munich as well,least flight was only £85 from manchester todays is £134....if dam is a good as munich fun times ahead

I booked my flight after the QF with easyjet - took a chance but the flight was less than £100 and also locked in a hotel. I picked up some tickets in the Uefa ballot so going to go, regardless of who is in the final. (But absolutely delighted that it looks 99% likely we will make it now).

another option I was thinking about was camping, seems to be a fair few campsites in and around amsterdam, that would do the job for a night, buy a cheap tent on the way, and lets be honest IF we win is anyone gunna be doing much sleeping...

We've booked up a hostel right by the train station. 6 person room, 2 nights, for £240. That'll do

Try the neighbouring town of Haarlem. 20Kms away and direct trains to Amsterdam Central four/five times an hour. 15 minute journey. Train takes 15 mins. Loads of cheap hotels and apparently its a nice town. Trains run upto 2am.

We've booked up a hostel right by the train station. 6 person room, 2 nights, for £240. That'll do

You full?

I booked up a cheap hostel not far from centre of town, few weeks ago. I think it was £60 for one night for 2 of us. But I will probably be cancelling it now as I don't think I will need a room - I have limited flexibility with timing so yesterday I booked the 4pm flight from gatwick on the weds to dam, and flight back to London city at 7am on thursday.

You full?

3 of us certain so far and 2 others need to sort out travel first. In other words, got room for you too Dave if interested. Rup has also booked up a 6 person room at the same hostel. Should be fun