• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

seasideblues

Leidseplein Square Amsterdam

Thought would start a seperate topic from our main amsterdam one,as it covers all things about the trip,tickets and general ideas about dam etc etc.

Thanks to our dutch and belgium fan base plus a few others it seems that LEIDSEPLEIN SQUARE is a good meeting and starting point from tuesday onwards.

There are several bars,cafes etc etc and talks of a big screen to show the game.We have also been told that REMBRANDT SQUARE which is near by is also good.

AVOID DAM SQUARE not many bars and expensive and tourists.Hope this helps for anyone wanting to create same buzz we had in munich

Are these squares near the museums and art galleries as I wish to partake some culture whilst in Amsterdam

On second thoughts

Where's the red light district, the smmmoking cafes and Hooters bars!!!!!

Just read the announcement on Chelsea FC website that there will be NO fanzones for ticketless fans. So looks like find a place that has screens and plot up early doors.

Ridiculous decision really but no surprise as UEFA are in charge.

The Leidseplein is a good place to start as it has a good selection of Bars (2 irish bars for instance) and a massive sports bar The Bulldog all of which have big screens for football. The Rembrandtsplein also has the same amount of bars including an Aussie Bar Coccos Outback which has screens as does St James Gate next door to it. Apart from that most bars have screens especially in the Red Light District which is the other side of the centre from Leidse and Rembrandts pleins. A mate of mine also runs a bar near the Westerkerk (anne frank house) area called the Gouden Florijn. Its a smaller sized bar but he has four screens Guinness on tap and you will find some ex pats and locals in there. To be honest you can't go wrong in Amsterdam there's loads of great bars and cafes with terraces. So those without tickets will be fine to watch the game as well, come on over and join the party :-)

Oh and if anyone needs any info re Amsterdam I live over here so feel free to ask either on here or message me.

Oh and if anyone needs any info re Amsterdam I live over here so feel free to ask either on here or message me.

We are staying at the botel,so will be in the squares from tuesday.Does escape bar still have the outdoor big screen

Least forgetting what price is the beer !!!! and will it be sunny,no fun drinking in side ,those of you who were in munich will remember how good it was.

Indoor drinking is ok at nightime ,but nothing like sat on the terrace having a cold beer in the mid day sun :happy:

AttilaM   

Mate please can you give us a weather report for Tuesday and Wednesday according to reports it says rain? Please say it ain't gonna rain!

There is still a screen outside Escape-not sure if they will use that for the match of put something up in the space near the statues in the middle. Either way you got trams running through the square so they might fence that bit off. Price of beer depends on the bar, if you drink in the squares you pay more than the backstreet bars in the Jordaan district about 4-50 to 5 Eur a pint. Of course most here drink little glasses due to the beer strength so half the price. The weather? very changeable as always think its due to be 57 and showers but will let you know nearer the time :-) there's a few lively bars just off the Leidseplein as well Paladium is one of them I think get quite busy.

Myself and the missus will be going over also, will be getting there on monday so depending on how we feel and what the weather is like on the day we may take a trip into Leidseplein square and check it out.

Nevertheless would be good to meet up with all the lads on here planning on going there on the Tuesday and will come in and hang around for everyone else!