• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

Match Thread: Chelsea Vs Benfica (Europa League Final)

Please use this thread for all posts relating to the Europa League Final, Chelsea vs Benfica, at the Amsterdam Arena, before, during, and after the game.

Moderators and our legal people will be keeping an eye on things. Keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is at 19:45 hrs, on Wednesday, the 15th of May, 2013.

Don't forget to join ClubCFCnet it's only £1 per month http://www.clubcfcnet.com

Well at least we can totally focus on this game with the knowledge that top 4 is secure, I know we want to get third but we can put that to one side for the moment and just go all out to win this.

Hazard is the main concern with regards to the starting line up, let's hope he is fit, will be a real shame for him if he does miss out as he is one of the main reasons we got to the final and he deserves to be there.

I don't know too much about benfica, have they changed much since we played them last year?

I hope Hazard is fit but I would highly doubt it, plus if he is on the edge of serious hamstring damage by playing then I'll save him up for pre-season thank you very much. Will be enormously important for us next season.

This is a huge game and one I would absolutely LOVE to win. I'll admit to feeling very jittery about it following what happened in the Community Shield, Super Cup and Club World Cup finals... hopefully we can do the job here.

The players have to be ready for the challenge which awaits them here, in particular that this Benfica side - however distraught about the weekend's crucial league defeat they may be - will be extremely fired up for revenge against us after we knocked them out of the CL.

With Hazard fit I'd be very confident we can do the job here but I still believe we can without him. I hope Mata has one big game left in his legs for this season. Needless to say it's a huge night for a certain Mr Torres.

With 110% effort throughout we can make it another memorable night and a trophy to remember this battle of a season by.

believe.

Well, now that we're here - let's go on and win the thing

It may not come near to the heights of last may, but I said from the start that it would nice to say that we're one of only four clubs to win the lot of European competitions.

I doubt it, but it would be nice for JT to be some sort of fit - for all he's given the club it would be sad for him not to play a part in either of our European triumphs

Don't know nearly enough about Benfica to have a strong opinion on them or their abilities. They certainly looked decent in our two encounters last year.

I'll be gutted if Hazard doesn't play- his ability to hold the ball is vital to everything we do. He's an obviously amazing attacking player but I think his defensive abilities are often glossed over- you can't concede if you have the ball.

2.30am coach on Wednesday ... Ouch.

Don't know nearly enough about Benfica to have a strong opinion on them or their abilities. They certainly looked decent in our two encounters last year.

They were unbeaten in the league until Saturday. I think it'll be the toughest game we have had since Juventus.

JezQ8   

Benfica are no push overs.

This will be tough, I can't see Hazard playing.

since we got to the final we better win it, and make up for those horrible thursday night europa games which we had to watch.

BlueFizz   

If it's an overstretch or a tear I think Eden is definitely out. If he just felt a twinge and a bit of spasm it might be a tightening up - in which case maybe intensive soft tissue massage will get him there.

If he plays or can be a sub it gives us that directness - he scares the bejesus out of sides.

If he doesn't play, we still have Mata and Oscar. Plus, for some reason, Moses has looked more positive in this competition.

My memory of Benfica is they play a lot of nice, creative football in the last two thirds of the pitch but can be got at defensively.

I feel serenely calm - if we win it we win it. If we don't, we've pretty much assured CL anyway.

More anxious that Wigan somehow take a point of Arsenal in truth. I really want to turn up on Sunday knowing we're in the hat for the proper CL - to wave Rafa a sad farewell and do a bit of Jose chanting!

if we've won the Europa even better.