• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Richard Redmond

Match Thread : Chelsea 2 V Everton 1

Please use this thread for all posts relating to the final Premier League game of the season at home to Everton, before, during, and after the game.

Moderators and our legal people will be keeping an eye on things. Keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is at 16.00 hrs, on Sunday, the 19th May, 2013.

Codger   

Benitez's leaving party. Can't wait. Not been able to get to many games this season, but I'm really looking forward to this one.

Based on injuries, like Wednesday, the team probably pretty much picks itself, but we'll still win.

Edit: on a vaguely related note, such a shame that much of our squad isn't going to get much rest this summer.

Win this match to confirm 3rd (I doubt we can rely on Newcastle getting anything against Arsenal) and round off a perfect week please!

The players will be shattered, naturally... I can't even comprehend that they have those friendlies to play against City in the USA next week as well.

So who's rested and ready to go? Moses and Ba, obviously... Perhaps Mikel can get a start back from injury.

Otherwise there's little room to switch things around - no doubt Hazard, Terry, and probably Bertrand will still be injured.

Hopefully the Everton will have got through their "emotional farewell" to Moyes last week and have their minds on the beaches. Although we're unlikely to be that lucky...

Let's go out and win this game and end the season on a real positive (added to the obvious one from two nights ago). Would love to see a convincing performance for a nice solid win with a clean sheet. Please.

My Dad got tickets to this but I went and broke my ankle last week and I don't fancy my chances on crutches at Fulham Broadway if I'm honest. Still, my Mum (who's going in my stead) could probably name a First XI which is no mean feat since I reckon Benitez would struggle.

Would love 3rd but happy for the impending Benitez leaving-do and a Summer off.

Codger   

I'll be ending the Interim-imposed exile, can't wait!

I think there's a few like you who will be doing the same. Great also that Everton returned tickets so it'll be even better.

My season has been shite. I've had four or five tickets in hand and then couldn't go at the last minute for work and family health reasons. I aim to do to a lot of catching up next season.

I think I'd take a defeat over a draw that puts up against Arsenal tbh. I'd rather have an extra away day against someone we hardly ever play in August than I would watch us play game 70 against a team we're indisputably better than after a punishing season AND week in the US.

Which doesn't matter, 'because we'll win this one.

JezQ8   

I would like us to win this and secure 3rd place.

My team would be

Cech

Azbi-Cahill-Luiz-Cole

Mikel-Lampard

Moses-Mata-Oscar

Ba

Faramir   

We must go all out for a win on Sunday. It is crucial that we nail down third place and avoid a qualifying round against potentially very strong opposition.