Diego Costa lot

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,751 posts
  • Interests:Football
  • Team:Chelsea FC

Posted 07 June 2013 - 03:47 PM

As per the previous topic for last season, please!

#2 Diego Costa lot

Diego Costa lot

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,751 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 03:48 PM

So, Malouda, Benayoun, Ferreira, Hilario, and Turnbull have all left the football club from the first team.

#3 Droy was my hero

Droy was my hero

CFCnet Member

• Members_2012
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,878 posts
  • Team:CFC

Posted 07 June 2013 - 04:10 PM

So, Malouda, Benayoun, Ferreira, Hilario, and Turnbull have all left the football club from the first team.

Were any of them in the first team last season?  They only made 2 PL starts between them.

#4 bluecueball

bluecueball

CFCnet Member

• Members_2012
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,550 posts
  • Team:Chelsea

Posted 07 June 2013 - 04:13 PM

Were any of them in the first team last season?  They only made 2 PL starts between them.

At least we're not wasting money on any of them this season though. Could definitely see Marin getting shifted out this year too. 

Can anyone please post the squad including restrictions based on CL and Prem rules?

I would do it myself but I'm sure someone will have done it already.

#5 Diego Costa lot

Diego Costa lot

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,751 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 04:20 PM

They were all part of the first team, bar Malouda who got shifted. It's not exactly a surprise those individuals didn't start many games.

#6 Kneel for 1

Kneel for 1

CFCnet Member

• Members_2012
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,146 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 04:29 PM

Is this thread for squad reality or muppetry?

#7 Droy was my hero

Droy was my hero

CFCnet Member

• Members_2012
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,878 posts
  • Team:CFC

Posted 07 June 2013 - 05:46 PM

They were all part of the first team, bar Malouda who got shifted. It's not exactly a surprise those individuals didn't start many games.

I take it you mean first team squad then.  I'm not sure Ferreira really was though.  It seemed to me there was plenty of opportunity to pick him but that the managers didn't want to.  He was no more a squad member than Malouda IMO.  

#8 hanuma

hanuma

CFCnet Member

• Members_2012
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,957 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 05:57 PM

Jose goes for, and uses, 20 outfield players and 3 GK's. We'll probably travel to America with a squad of 30, before we've added anyone new, so there should be some quality competition for squad spots this summer.

For example, after Oscar, Mata and E.Hazard we'll have De Bruyne, Moses, Marin, Kakuta, Piazon, T.Hazard and Davila competing for 3, maybe 4 spots, and that's before Schurrle arrives, possibly another.

#9 Blue_In_Every_Way

Blue_In_Every_Way

CFCnet Member

• Members_2012
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,491 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 08:09 PM

Do we even need a 25 man squad anymore now that Sir Alex Ferguson is gone?

I mean, which other manager is capable of grinding out that sort of consistency from a squad  rendering the competition completely inadequate unless they spend massive amounts to maintain a huge squad filled with players good enough to compete for places...?

#10 Sleeping Dave

Sleeping Dave

CFCnet Member

• Members_2012
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,235 posts
  • Interests:Chelsea. End of.

Posted 08 June 2013 - 12:05 AM

So players who are more or less sure to stay.

GK: Cech

RB: Azpi, Ivan
CB: Cahill, JT, Luiz
LB: Cole
CM: Lampard, Mikel, Ramires
AM: Mata, Hazard, Moses, Oscar
S: Ba, Lukaku

Question marks: Bertrand, Marin, Romeu, Torres

Out: Malouda, Turnbull, Hilario, Ferreira, Benayoun

Loanees (where we have a decision to make): KDB, Chalobah, Courtois, McEachran, T. Hazard, Davila, Kakuta, Kalas, Omereu, Van Aanholt, Bruma, Piazon (might have forgotten someone?)

Youngsters: Ake, RLC, Christensen, Blackman, Wallace (signed already but not yet arrived).

Looking at that, it's easy to conclude that we will have to go to the market. Right now we look thin at GK, CB, LB, CM, AM and S. Jose likes 3 keepers and around 20 players (like hanuma has stated already). Meaning we are 7 players (first team players) plus a few youngsters short.

Lets just assume that Jose manages to get Courtois back and opts for Blackman as third choice. That's GK sorted.

GK: Cech, Courtois, Blackman

Defence we need either a LB or we take PvA back or give Bertrand another chance. CB is a must and I wouldn't be alien to give Wallace a shot as well. But most likely he'll go out on loan.

CB: Luiz, JT, Cahill, New CB
LB: Cole, Bertrand/PvA/New LB

At CM we are light. I'd love for Oscar to play deeper, meaning we might only be one CM short.

CM: Lampard, Mikel, Ramires, Oscar, New CM

We are desperately short on AMs. If we use Oscar at CM we might be as much as two players short here. I'd bring back KDB and buy the other.

AM: Mata, Hazard, Moses, KDB, New AM.

Up front we desperately need a striker.

S: New striker, Lukaku, Ba

That's five new signings and two loanees back.

As for the 'youngsters', Ake, Chalobah & Piazon are good enough to fill a role. Giving us:

LB: Cole, New LB
CM: Lampard, Mikel, Oscar, Ramires, New CM, Chalobah, Ake
AM: Mata, Hazard, Moses, KDB, New AM, Piazon
S: New Striker, Lukaku, Ba

That's 24 outfield players incl youngsters. Depending on the signings (of course!) we should be a decent shape.

#11 Harvz

Harvz

Senior Moderator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,987 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 01:19 AM

Given that historically JM likes a squad of 23 + a 3rd goalkeeper.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Possible (Current) Starting 11:

1. Cech, 2. Azpilicueta, 3. Luiz, 4. Cahill, 5. Cole, 6. Mikel, 7. Ramires, 8. Hazard, 9. Mata, 10. Oscar, 11. Ba.

Possible (Current) Second 11:

12. Hilario, 13. (RB), 14. Terry, 15.  Ivanovic , 16. Bertrand, 17. Lampard,  18. Romeu, 19.  Moses , 20. Marin, 21.  (AM), 22. Torres.

Confirmed Loanee Returns:

23. Lukaku

Sales/Purchases:

13. = Wallace?

21. =  Schurrle / KDB

20. (Marin) = New Central Defender

22. (Torres) = New Main Striker

(24.) = New 2nd Choice Goalkeeper

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Based this on wanting to ship Torres & Marin, but ideally, I'd have Bertrand and Romeu replaced too. Romeu with a starting midfield beast.

#12 hanuma

hanuma

CFCnet Member

• Members_2012
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,957 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 02:35 AM

Hilario's been released, Wallace is definitely a Chelsea player, but highly unlikely to make the first team, and I'd probably count Ivanovic as a rightback with the greater possibility of a new centreback being added.

LB: Cole, New LB
CM: Lampard, Mikel, Oscar, Ramires, New CM, Chalobah, Ake
AM: Mata, Hazard, Moses, KDB, New AM, Piazon
S: New Striker, Lukaku, Ba

That's 24 outfield players incl youngsters. Depending on the signings (of course!) we should be a decent shape.

We can pretty much guarantee Courtois won't be our backup goalkeeper because he'd be a starter at most other top clubs in Europe. I don't think you can cast aside Essien at this stage, or expect Chalobah to accept being 6th choice, especially if another EPL team wanted him. Piazon's already claimed to want to play in Spain again next season, and if you were going to have an under 21 there, Thorgen Hazard's the more developed player. I've mentioned elsewhere on the site that a more attacking leftback option would be useful for the squad, but there are certainly more important priorities like replacing Torres, possibly Ba too. If Schurrle were to come that would negate any need for 4 strikers when we're likely to only start 1.

This summer's silly season has got to hyperventilation stage very early on, where even conservative estimates see us picking up Mangala, DeRossi, VanWinkel, Schurrle, Markovic and Cavani for a cool £100m+. I'm already snowblinded by it to the point of disdain and wait to see how Jose evaluates the talent available.

#13 Kneel for 1

Kneel for 1

CFCnet Member

• Members_2012
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,146 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 07:11 AM

As well as Essien, we need to make a decision on romeu. I think Essien will be in the squad and romeu will get loaned out. Therefore still need a CM.

#14 Blue_Fever

Blue_Fever

CFCnet Member

• Members_2012
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,185 posts
  • Interests:Playing Football
    Playstation Games
    Chelsea F.C.
  • Team:Chelsea F.C.

Posted 09 June 2013 - 12:07 PM

Courtois going out on loan next season worries me. We will only have one keeper in Cech and when his annual wintertime injury rolls around we will be SOL. So either Blackman is being promoted or we are gonna buy a keeper which will drive Courtois Away from us for sure.

But aside from The keeping issue I think we'll need a Right Back and of course a Striker. Apart from that I think we're set

Edited by Blue_Fever, 09 June 2013 - 12:10 PM.

#15 Jay Seal

Jay Seal

CFCnet Member

• Members_2012
  • PipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 12:51 PM

Courtois going out on loan next season worries me. We will only have one keeper in Cech and when his annual wintertime injury rolls around we will be SOL. So either Blackman is being promoted or we are gonna buy a keeper which will drive Courtois Away from us for sure.

But aside from The keeping issue I think we'll need a Right Back and of course a Striker. Apart from that I think we're set

We'll probably promote a young prospect and buy an experienced No. 2 neither would be a threat to Courtois.

A fair few reports linking us with central defenders which loosely implies Bran might be going back to the right which would solve that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users