• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CostaTheBlue

Ashes 2013

19 members have voted

1. 1. Which team will win the Ashes 2013?

CFC1966   

England really made that harder than it should have been but you have to give credit to the Aussies for sheer grit and termination. Think Broad and Bell should have gone on the offensive after achieving their 50 and 100 respectively - thought yesterday we needed another 30-40 runs.

Eagerly looking forward to an in-depth analysis on Jimmy Anderson's performance from TorresTheBlue, since he's been banging on about how poor Anderson is since the last Ashes series...

England really made that harder than it should have been but you have to give credit to the Aussies for sheer grit and termination. Think Broad and Bell should have gone on the offensive after achieving their 50 and 100 respectively - thought yesterday we needed another 30-40 runs.

Eagerly looking forward to an in-depth analysis on Jimmy Anderson's performance from TorresTheBlue, since he's been banging on about how poor Anderson is since the last Ashes series...

Indeed. Match figures of 10 for 158 just go to show how awful a bowler he is ;-)

Ian Bell is a very underrated batsmen. He's currently on 93, playing some fantastic cricket. I think he's been the man of the series so far.

Ian Bell is a very underrated batsmen. He's currently on 93, playing some fantastic cricket. I think he's been the man of the series so far.

I think there is a key bowler whose name should have come to mind first.

Cook is showing what a poor captain he is in this match. England in total control with the chance to force Australia to follow but he decides to bat again. Now suddenly England are 31-3, and the whole momentum of the match has changed. The Test match could be nearly won if the follow on had been enforced.

I think there is a key bowler whose name should have come to mind first.

Yes, Swann did well today, the Aussies couldn't handle his spin.

Cook is showing what a poor captain he is in this match. England in total control with the chance to force Australia to follow but he decides to bat again.

Now suddenly England are 31-3, and the whole momentum of the match has changed. The Test match could be nearly won if the follow on had been enforced.

Whereas were we 80-0 he'd have been a genius.

I don't know a lot about Cricket, just enough to advise you to turn to a sport you know a teeny bit about. (And I don't mean football).

bert19   

Whereas were we 80-0 he'd have been a genius.

I don't know a lot about Cricket, just enough to advise you to turn to a sport you know a teeny bit about. (And I don't mean football).

His spelling is good for a nine year-old though

Cook is showing what a poor captain he is in this match. England in total control with the chance to force Australia to follow but he decides to bat again. Now suddenly England are 31-3, and the whole momentum of the match has changed. The Test match could be nearly won if the follow on had been enforced.

Yes, Swann did well today, the Aussies couldn't handle his spin.

What utter bollocks. Yet again, TorresTheBlue shows he knows **** all about **** all. Stick to predicting Torres hat-tricks in games he's not even playing in... that's about your level.

As you plainly don't understand anything about the state of the pitch at Lord's, let me tell you that it's starting to crumble. If England had enforced the follow-on they could possibly face batting on a pitch with increasingly variable bounce for the seamers and plenty of scope for even a poor spin bowler to find some turn. Even chasing 100 or so could be difficult. Instead Cook took the sensible decision of trying to extend the lead and leave Australia to chase around 300+ on a turning pitch. Two of the wickets were down to the variable bounce and speed of the pitch (dragging on) whilst Pieterson was out because he was just being stupid. He'd almost got himself out the previous delivery, and in stead of learning from his mistake, he repeated it, only this time straight into the fielder's hands.

England are 264 runs ahead with 7 wickets in hand and 3 more days to play... they are in a strong position, made all the more stronger by NOT enforcing the follow on!

With the wicket breaking up, it will certainly make things very interesting. Nice to see that Shane Warne has been inducted into the ICC Hall of Fame,well deserved. And the one thing TTB needs to learn about The Ashes, nothing is predictable. I mean,nothing. Form,performance,old players or new, it all goes out of the window during this competition, which is what makes it one of the most compelling and infuriating in cricket.

Will England score enough to deflate the Aussies or will their target be low enough lift them,again?