• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CostaTheBlue

Ashes 2013

19 members have voted

1. 1. Which team will win the Ashes 2013?

Ouch - actually more worrying than England getting bowled out for 136 (which can happen) is that Australia managed to get 85 runs in the same day for just 2 wickets - 1 run out and a tail ender.

Typical batting collapse from England, it's not even a surprise anymore.

That's 1-0 to Australia then, this series is going to be very difficult for England. I hope it's not another 5-0. :(

It seems that the Aussie's had a cunning plan with their bowling tactics. The wicket is expected to crack and break ( where's a spin bowler when you want one ) which will make things interesting.

A change to our bowling ( as in which order ) and a bit more thought before the damage is done is very much needed.

But that's test cricket for you.

Fantastic win first up!

I must say though you have to admire Cook. Often makes runs when the pressure is on and although couldn't pull out a big one today, you just knew he would at least occupy the crease and cause problems from the get go.

More of the same please!

This English team never show any fight when the going gets tough. They just give up and accept their fate, which is very disappointing for a English cricket fan.

I've got a feeling that the Aussies are going to regain the Ashes. I got the same feeling in 2006, and that ended 5-0. :(

Now it's emerged that Anderson has been threatening to assault people http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/cricket/michael-clarke-leapt-to-defence-of-george-bailey-after-jimmy-anderson-made-assault-threat/story-fni2fnmo-1226768120753

This series is becoming a nightmare for England, we desperately need to win the 2nd test to stop the Aussies momentum. If the Australians win it, the series could easily be another 5-0.

Now it's emerged that Anderson has been threatening to assault people http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/cricket/michael-clarke-leapt-to-defence-of-george-bailey-after-jimmy-anderson-made-assault-threat/story-fni2fnmo-1226768120753

This series is becoming a nightmare for England, we desperately need to win the 2nd test to stop the Aussies momentum. If the Australians win it, the series could easily be another 5-0.

Its all a bit of nonsense though really, this kind of stuff goes on all the time. Shows the desire of the players and the extent of the rivalry between the two teams.

Both teams cop as much as they dish out.

paulw66   

This English team never show any fight when the going gets tough. They just give up and accept their fate, which is very disappointing for a English cricket fan.

Which is why we won the last 3 Ashes series and were no.1 in the world not long ago?

The hell was Pieterson doing?!?

Still think this game will be a draw, pitch is an absolute road. I can see Bell making a double tonne if others stick around with him for a bit.

Something like 2400 runs scored at Adelaide in the two Shield games (state cricket) prior to this test.