• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Harvz

Van Ginkel

Harvz   

"Chelsea Football Club and Vitesse Arnhem have reached an agreement for the transfer of Marco van Ginkel.

The player will join Chelsea subject to a medical, agreement of personal terms and legal documentation."

http://www.chelseafc.com/news-article/article/3227800/title/agreement-reached-for-transfer-of-van-ginkel

(Edit) Van Ginkel Signs:

http://www.chelseafc.com/news-article/article/3229499/title/van-ginkel-signs

Holymoly   

Would we be surprised if he stayed in Holland for a year so he can play himself into the Dutch WC squad?

Welcome to Stamford Bridge and good luck! The signs about this kid are very promising, you can only hope Jose will do a great work with him.

paulw66   

Would we be surprised if he stayed in Holland for a year so he can play himself into the Dutch WC squad?

He will either be loaned out or he has been promised some proper game time

Welcome to the Club mate. Looks like he is going to get loaned and then its a wait and see thing.

So assuming we sign De Rossi, that gives us Lampard Mikel Ramires Romeu van Ginkel De Rossi and Essien as options for cm. Essien is a dressing room influence for Mou so I expect him to stay and for sure one of van Ginkel or Romeu to go on loan.

Welcome Marco!

Haven't seemed much of him, but the lad looks a unit as well as being technically proficient. Has an eye for goal and a vast scope for improvement. Am pretty excited about this signing and with a year of getting used to the league under his belt, I reckon he could really take off.

So assuming we sign De Rossi, that gives us Lampard Mikel Ramires Romeu van Ginkel De Rossi and Essien as options for cm. Essien is a dressing room influence for Mou so I expect him to stay and for sure one of van Ginkel or Romeu to go on loan.

I think Essien will primarily be a back up RB and emergency CM if all other options are unavailable. If De Rossi does indeed sign, I wouldn't be surprised if the Mikel to Galatasaray rumours prove to be correct.

Interesting signing.

Haven't seen enough of the fella to say anything really. Will be interesting to see what happens to him this season. Will he stay or go out on loan? But being on the fringes of the Dutch NT as a mid he sure needs to be talented.

Welcome to Chelsea Marco!

jones   

Apparently his team-mate Theo Janssen (31) said this about Van Ginkel's situation:

It’s the plan that he’ll join the Chelsea squad, learn a lot and play on a regular basis. It all looks very positive but he must make his own decision. I told him that opportunities like this don’t come that often and, if you get a chance like this, then you must do it.”

He may of course be sent on loan in same fashion as KDB and Courtois, but it seems likely that he will be a part of our squad. Exciting!

Edit: only watched him play in the u21 Euros, but picking up on Youtube videos (yes, I know), and I must say he looks like a young Lampard. Arrives late into box, long range passes, shoots from distance etc.