• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Harvz

Van Ginkel

The only context required, well, it's really a subtext is that DIMH thinks Mikel is the best player at the club , hence his regular slating of Matic, Van Ginkel, Romeu and even Josh McEachran way back if I recall correctly.

It's not about them it's about Mikel, our "Pirlo - Beckenbauer" hybrid.

I don't think the love in for Romeu was about me - it was about the Mikel haters on here. I just called him as nothing special and rather slow for the position - I was right it seems, but do tell me if you think he is better than that. Plenty who were praising him before are now damning him with faint praise.

Like wise the praise for Van Ginkel was based on a hope he'd replace Mikel (certainly not on Chelsea performances which barely occurred). I don't think I have ever slated VG.

I have never slated Josh, but I have slated those who took seriously the idea he would ever be a DM or CM rather than an AM. For years I just said we would have to wait till 2012/13 or 13/14 before he makes an impact. I have certainly slated a system that leaves us with 21/22 years old on big contracts who aren't near the first team. So josh gets named a lot as the current most obvious example.

Matic I have criticised. Slow, and going to be caught out a hell of a lot this season. Excellent with the ball. But that is a positon where his kind of player is an asset against teams that drop back and a liability against teams that don't.

I don't think the love in for Romeu was about me - it was about the Mikel haters on here. I just called him as nothing special and rather slow for the position

Surely , this is the exact problem with Mikel?

Nothing special and rather slow for the position?