• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Harvz

Van Ginkel

Might as well shut down our academy.

I can kind of see where your coming from regarding Josh but the fact is he is not good enough to come in to the first team and be a squad member. As a football club we shouldn't settle for an inferior player just because he is from the academy. That is why Arsenal do not win anything. I have no idea why you have mentioned clifford though, he just had a half decent loan in league one so I'm not sure how signing an Dutch international midfielder has anything to do with him.

Flinkers   

What does this mean for McEachran and Clifford?

Connor or Billy?

The first was released in January and who knows what chance the second has of making it. Probably slimmer by the day though.

Bison   

Might as well shut down our academy.

Not really. We just need to find a way of getting the promising young players to be able to play competitive senior football between 17-21. Compare Van Ginkel and McEachran for instance, they're only 4 months apart in age but Van Ginkel has made 111 career appearances compared to McEachran's 63.

I wonder why none of our young English players ever go out on loan abroad? Could Josh for instance have gone to Vitesse on loan like Kalas, Van Aanholt, Kakuta etc?

Flinkers   

Not really. We just need to find a way of getting the promising young players to be able to play competitive senior football between 17-21. Compare Van Ginkel and McEachran for instance, they're only 4 months apart in age but Van Ginkel has made 111 career appearances compared to McEachran's 63.

I wonder why none of our young English players ever go out on loan abroad? Could Josh for instance have gone to Vitesse on loan like Kalas, Van Aanholt, Kakuta etc?

Quite probably, and considering his skill set would have done well in BeNeLux, maybe France.

It takes a particular mindset to leave your country young though. Perhaps he just didn't fancy it?

Bison   

Quite probably, and considering his skill set would have done well in BeNeLux, maybe France.

It takes a particular mindset to leave your country young though. Perhaps he just didn't fancy it?

True but it wouldn't be permanent and it'd perhaps help them mature quicker living abroad, learning different culture etc. But back to the point about playing games between 17-21 it really is important. That's why I was so happy for Chalobah last season, he made 42 appearances at age 17-18. That was great, and he should continue getting as much game time as possible over the next 2-3 years before considering fighting for a place at Chelsea. A 20 year old Chalobah with plenty of games under his belt will be experienced, mature and ready to compete.

What does this mean for McEachran and Clifford?

Here's your coat. What's your hurry?

Yeah, might as well shut down the academy which won the youth cup twice in recent years and also got the final last season. And has produced Ake, who has shown great potential and frankly looks better than Josh at the same age (though Josh is still an excellent prospect), Bertrand who is in the first team squad, and has some excellent young players coming through. Feruz, Ake, Piazon, Chalobah, Josh, are all potential first teamers. And if they don't eventually make it with us, they were never good enough for us (who moans about us letting Sinclair go now, he's done sooo well at a big club hasn't he?) and we'll make fat profit on them anyhow.

Ridiculous. We have a top academy. It took United 10 years to produce top young players from the academy after Fergie arrived, and we started from a point further back than they did. It takes time, but of course nowadays most fans seem to think it happens instantaneously. With academies, it doesn't.

Great news, hopefully Marco will do well here :D Welcome to the best club in the world :D