• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

rj2115   

I think its to counter the comments made by Roy Hodgson that he shows no signs of injury

more will be more clear how long he plays tomorrow and on the weekend

Scooba   

It's not happening IMO. It was always a likely stance for united to take - being adamant that they won't be selling their star player to arguably their biggest domestic rival.

Won't happen, move on. At least we have rattled their cage.

Edited by Scooba

If the Guardian published an article tomorrow saying United have changed their mind and Rooney is for sale would everyone take it as fact like they have today? The only way I'll believe the transfer can't happen is if I see Rooney say so himself.

Scooba   

We should now put in a bid for Suarez. See how shrek reacts then.

I wonder if we will monitor his situation a bit more closely now, Is he a target?

Russ   

It's not happening IMO. It was always a likely stance for united to take - being adamant that they won't be selling their star player to arguably their biggest domestic rival.

Won't happen, move on. At least we have rattled their cage.

We have? How so?

Rooney wanted to leave last season. We're nothing to do with it.

Our bids have hardly made them have to think about it, or told Rooney we won't you at all costs.

Lets not kid ourselves here.

Hands up if you read the Guardian piece all the way to the end.

I particularly enjoyed the bit about United deciding they didn't want Alcantara after all, and that despite all public word to the contrary from both club and player, Cesc Fabregas would 'jump at the chance' to leave his boyhood club for Old Trafford.

If United really will not sell under any circumstances, why have they been aggressively briefing against Rooney for the last six months? That would be very strange- only they would stand to lose.

Edit: the accompanying editorial piece is just as fluffy- http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2013/aug/13/wayne-rooney-manchester-united-chelsea

So much focus on losing face, or how an unnamed but implicitly powerful public may infer a shifting 'power dynamic' ... As if United, or any other football club, could care less about that sh*t. They'll be bothered about having a worthwhile player contributing, or a toxic presence holding them back. Only journalists in need of SEO content and fans chewing the fat care about 'face'.

Edited by thevelourfog

genjuro   

Suarez? No freaking way......he is just all the way a caunt sorry. I would welcome Rooney here, infact he is what we need imo. But Suarez? He's just nasty.