• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Jay Seal   

I think the entire 'Lukaku wants to be first choice' thing is moot to be honest. Look at how well City have managed 4 top class forwards in Jovetic, Aguero, Negredo and Dzeko (even though Jovetic was out for long periods). Imo the competition for spots fostered excellence. In a season of 60+ games, our 'first choice' striker is never going to play all of them. Lukaku, if he stays, will get his fair share of games.

You could debate that 'first choice' means getting picked for the big games, but if Lukaku wants that right, he's going to have to earn it. As mentioned, he's going to have opportunities to do just that.

Playing two makes it easier and on top of Jovetic's injuries Aguero missed a lot of games. Leaving Dzeko and Negredo taking turns looking grumpy on the bench.

Let's call it being a moot point 0 and as a relative example how Courtois will react to being benched for everything but the League Cup 10. Is Lukaku's reaction to only starting smaller games except when there are injuries and suspensions going to be a 0? Or is it more likely 6 or 7?

Mourinho doesn't exactly rotate that much usually. Lukaku might be ready to take it on the chin and fight and earn more time and that would be great but I think it's fair to ask whether that's likely, given some of the things he's said in the past.

So will Tiago come in as a coach

I see him as back up for Matic in less intensive games, so as to give Matic a rest, or as a defensive partner who can aid in quick transitions against the bigger teams... and possibly a coaching role after that, who knows?

haifarul   

Tiago again,really.Decent player,experienced but not one for the future.I take it he will replace SFL and not Van Gingel.Very dissapointed,when are wr ever going to give the youth a chance.With JM in charge the answer is never ever.So Chalobah had another years loan just to see a journeyman arrive.Why did he left after one season in the first place.Because he wasnt good enough to start,so now he will just warm the bench again.Not impressed to say the least.

I don't understand why we would be in for Tiago, decent player but old and not even first choice for Atletico. Is he out of contract or something?

Dingus   

Twitter world is now saying that Costa has signed a pre-agreement contract with us but now wants out of it.

Twitter world is now saying that Costa has signed a pre-agreement contract with us but now wants out of it.

From the "Sportswitness" web site:

El Confidencial have been way out in front with a lot of the Diego Costa to Chelsea business, which makes their story today all the more eyebrow raising. The Spanish outlet say that Diego Simeone now has much greater power at Atletico due to his success, and despite his tantrum on Saturday night, so is pressuring the club into doing everything they can to keep star players.

That includes offering out bumper contracts to the most important of Simeone's men. Diego Costa is clearly one of those and El Confidencial and Cope radio say the striker now regrets a contract he's signed with Chelsea which guarantees he'll move there this summer. The problem for Costa is that he'd have to pay a penalty to get himself out of it.

There are three scenarios here. The first is that Costa has never signed anything with Chelsea and El Confidencial are trying to cover their back because they claimed he did, and are worried the move may not now happen. Secondly it could be that Costa has signed a contract and doesn't want to break it, but Atletico are trying everything they can to get him to change his mind. Thirdly, what the Spanish newspaper are reporting could be entirely true and Costa is having regrets, so Chelsea could find themselves with a striker who doesn't really want to be playing for them.

He'd have to pay up, correct? Unless Atletico were to cover the fees needed to break the contract

genjuro   

He wants out of it? Then piss right off........just no way would we want a player WHO doesnt wish to be here. Its probably all bs anyway but if it has any legs then go do all you can and bring cavani.

Why did he left after one season in the first place.Because he wasnt good enough to start.

Was a very good player for us, chipped in with some good goals and always looked the part you might want to check the stats for how much he played was fairly regular from my memory, he wanted to leave as I believe we were on the cusp of signing Essien and that in a world cup year he didn't want to take the chance of not playing enough to make the squad, lots of players do it lukaku as a most recent example albeit on loan.

Edited by strong centreback