• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Ando   

A few years ago Man United didn't see the potential in Pogba and the rest is history. Same with us and Matic. I say we have a look closer to home before getting in marquee signings for every position. Chalobah particularly looks like one in the mould of Pogba. There's always Tiago (or even January) if, heaven forbid, we ever make the wrong decision.

Chalobah is more in the mould of Matic than Pogba.

Would be the perfect understudy for Matic. Don't think Jose and the club see it that way though with the Tiago rumours (if they hold any truth).

mokilove   

Costa is a beast. Fast, agressive...etc But he miss a lot of shots and he is not very technical.

Like Torres at Liverpool bevor his injuries.

Ham   

I'm an Atletico Fan.

Costa is a beast. Fast, agressive...etc But he miss a lot of shots and he is not very technical.

Firstly, welcome and congratulations on the La Liga win. On the Champions League............ Ouch!

Regarding the highlighted part above, we already have an ex-Atleti player with these qualities. Thanks.

Certainly, anyone know a website of sport newspaper when you can add comments?

This is typical in Spain and here I dont find one.

Greetings from Madrid.

It's different over here. There really isn't a national sports newpaper. There are just the sports pages in The Sun, Daily Mirror, Daily Mail, Daily Telegraph and others. They all have websites so that might be the best place to post.

Good luck.

jones   

Chalobah is more in the mould of Matic than Pogba.

Would be the perfect understudy for Matic. Don't think Jose and the club see it that way though with the Tiago rumours (if they hold any truth).

Agree with this. Watching him play in the Toulon tournament against S Korea, and this really is no challenge for him. He is so composed, so aware, excellent technique, good movements ... This guy needs a big challenge now. He was outstanding for Watford one year ago, and I think he needs to play football with higher intensity and tempo to develop further. Really hope we give him a chance in the squad next year.

haifarul   

Chalobah has the potential to become an England captain.Just hope he has the right attitude and hunger to improve all the time.Sometimes he looks disinterested and letting the game passing him by.Has all the physical atributes and technicaly he will get a lot better.If we sign Tiago next season instead of giving this boy a chance Jose will just play the experienced player because he doesnt like taking a risk even if in the long run it will pay off.Even in the League Cup or early rounds of FA cup he wont give the youth a chance,just look at last season..Jose does like young players but only the ones we paid a big tranfer fee for.

Harvz   

Jose does like young players but only the ones we paid a big tranfer fee for.

I can think of a few exceptions, but rather than point them out... I'd like to suggest selling, or even better, giving away Chalobah to some team, and 18 months later buy back for 24 million. Then he'd really be a fitting understudy to Matic. :/

Like Torres at Liverpool bevor his injuries.

Firstly, welcome and congratulations on the La Liga win. On the Champions League............ Ouch!

Regarding the highlighted part above, we already have an ex-Atleti player with these qualities. Thanks.

It's different over here. There really isn't a national sports newpaper. There are just the sports pages in The Sun, Daily Mirror, Daily Mail, Daily Telegraph and others. They all have websites so that might be the best place to post.

Good luck.

Yes. His gameplay is like Torres at Liverpool.

Personally I think Torres was slightly faster and a little less technical. But, yes they are similar.

Thanks, Ham :)

One thing I can't believe is why Chelsea loans to Courtois, seriously.

I have seen all Courtois matches since he comes to Atletico and he is the best keeper in the world.

One thing I can't believe is why Chelsea loans to Courtois, seriously.

I have seen all Courtois matches since he comes to Atletico and he is the best keeper in the world.

It's easier to believe when you remember we have Petr Cech.

What would have been the stranger course of action at any point in the last three years- loaning out a young keeper, or ditching the (now) club record clean sheet holder, winner of multiple titles and the guy who saved three penalties in a Champion's League final?

kratos   

Welcome Marcos.

Well done on your league win btw, your team really works hard for each other.

Don't get despondent about the CL final we've had 10 years of that stuff lol.