• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

GURJ SS   

Does anyone have any views on Will Hughes from Derby?

Personally I think he is a great player, who at 18 is showing great maturity in his game.

Does anyone have any views on Will Hughes from Derby?

Personally I think he is a great player, who at 18 is showing great maturity in his game.

The last thing we need is to sign yet another wonder kid only to be loaned out season after season.

Sarin   

The last thing we need is to sign yet another wonder kid only to be loaned out season after season.

Hate to break it to you.

We already have, and will continue to do so.

Chelsea have signed several "wonder kids" in the last 6 months alone, that will all be going on loan.

Mario Pasalic for example being the most high profile, but others that are going into the youth ranks.

Including a young Swiss player player quite a few clubs were chasing who's name now escapes me.

It is the strategy that Chelsea seem to be continuing with.

Buy promising talent early, loan them out.

Sell whoever wants off the train, or who doesn't make the grade.

EDIT. http://soccerlens.com/deal-done-chelsea-agree-sign-swiss-midfielder/135250/

Here is the Swiss midfielder we signed. 16

Miro Muheim

I am pretty sure there have been others as well, but I can't remember the names.

Edited by Sarin

Chalobah is more in the mould of Matic than Pogba.

Would be the perfect understudy for Matic. Don't think Jose and the club see it that way though with the Tiago rumours (if they hold any truth).

Personally, I think we may revert to 4-3-3 with Tiago holding , Matic on the left and Ramires on the right if indeed we do sign Tiago.

Sarin   

Personally, I think we may revert to 4-3-3 with Tiago holding , Matic on the left and Ramires on the right if indeed we do sign Tiago.

Think the chances of that are basically zero.

Our most promising players are in the attacking midfield positions, including the players Jose said he wants to build the team around.

I highly doubt the formation we play will lower the number of those we play, and the freedom they have, to play Ramires and Tiago.

If Hazard left this summer we might as well give up. No right to say we're ambitious if we sell Hazard now. Hazard leaving in 3 or 4 years I would get - he said before he joined us he'd love to play for Madrid and selling him in a few years would be understandable. Selling now though, would be insane. Oscar, I could just about cope with us selling - he hardly set the world alight second half of the season. But Hazard would be ridiculous - and for the billionth time he has said himself he is not leaving. At the player of the year awards, on duty with Belgium, he's all said he will be with us next year. He even thanked Jose for the constructive criticism which will inspire him to improve. If he wanted out, I'm guessing it would be pretty clear.

Anyway, news this morning is of a £51 million raid on Athletico - for Costa & Filipe Luis (his buyout clause is £19 million). Then there would be the re-signing of Tiago on a free transfer (a very useful signing for me - adds quality and experience in the short-term, and cheap). To get those three would be very positive for next season. Still would like us to sign Barkley however, and still hopeful we can. We still need a home grown signing from what I can see, with Cole leaving.

Pleased the club are getting things done, my guess is we don't want a repeat of last summers sagas, they want everything done before pre-season if possible.

Here is one argument about why we are signing Tiago: Toni Kroos. He has said he is staying at Bayern another season, but shows no sign of signing a new contract. He's 24, and will be 25 next summer. Chelsea are strongly rumoured to be interested in him on a free next summer. Maybe we are going for Tiago as a short-term option before going for Kroos next summer. Kroos, especially on a free, would be an immense signing, and a long-term one too. Just a theory.

I do like the other argument - about it being a way of bringing through young players like Chalobah and Van Ginkel more smoothy and gradually. That would be excellent. Maybe it in 2015 we'll let Lamps and Tiago go and bring in Kroos and one of the younger players will step up more. That would be excellent.

Edited by James Prescott

Would be a very naive decision by the club to gamble on getting kroos on a free next summer if that is indeed a plan. On a free every top club in Europe will be in for him. Would rather pay 15-20million for him now and not sign tiago or pogba. I get the impression with pogba he is one of those players who will be transfer saga prone every summer.

Edited by Tom Newey

Slightly off topic but anyone else find the complete dismantling of the Atletico side a bit sad?

Costa, courtious and maybe filipe and tiago to us.

Villa to NY.

Miranda to manu or barca

I know they churn, just really admired the team...

Anyways

Pogba, Shaw, Costa, lavezzi, tiago and Remy.

Mmmmmmm

Would be a very naive decision by the club to gamble on getting kroos on a free next summer if that is indeed a plan. On a free every top club in Europe will be in for him. Would rather pay 15-20million for him now and not sign tiago or pogba. I get the impression with pogba he is one of those players who will be transfer saga prone every summer.

I think the real naivety is from us, the fans, in thinking that clubs and players aren't constantly talking to each other. On a free, every club in the world probably would take Kroos, but if he gets to the point where he's available on a free it'll very likely be because he knows exactly where he's going or what his favoured two or three options are. There'll be no mass scramble as it were for him.

Pogba I'm with you on. I'd not criticise him at all for it, but he's been seemingly ruthless in his career decisions from a very young age, allegedly breaking verbal agreements to join and then leave Le Havre, and then having signed pre-contract terms with Juventus almost as soon as the law allowed. I suspect he and his agent know the key to financial success is a huge contract in his early years that has to be equaled or bettered for a good decade after. The money is in the Premier League- a move here in the next few years seems inevitable to me.

Slightly off topic but anyone else find the complete dismantling of the Atletico side a bit sad?

It is, yes.But then Atletico are in a relatively poor way financially- if a season of great success can bring in the money that secures the club's long term future, I suppose there is a silver lining.