• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

crux   

I know this is slightly off topic but with all the transfer news recently, I have almost (ALMOST) forgotten that we have Jose at our helm to start the season. Roll on, August 17th.

GURJ SS   

I can understand why some are totally against Eto'o, he is 5 years older then Rooney and has played in Russia so he might not be quite match fit. However he has been one of the best strikers in Europe, an if we got him for £10M it ain't bad at all. Also about his wages, if he wants to play for Jose that badly then he will take a wage cut, an to be honest if we offered him half his wages an he accepted then at least we will know we are getting a player who is loyal to Jose. I know many have their hearts set on Rooney, but as his price goes higher the Eto'o option looks the more appealing. As long as the wages are halved an his asking price is about £10M max.

If Rooney does come, great, but he needs to take a wage cut, don't want him on a 5 year deal at quarter of a million pound a week.

Edited by GURJ SS

ripz   

I can understand why some are totally against Eto'o, he is 5 years older then Rooney and has played in Russia so he might not be quite match fit. However he has been one of the best strikers in Europe, an if we got him for £10M it ain't bad at all. Also about his wages, if he wants to play for Jose that badly then he will take a wage cut, an to be honest if we offered him half his wages an he accepted then at least we will know we are getting a player who is loyal to Jose. I know many have their hearts set on Rooney, but as his price goes higher the Eto'o option looks the more appealing. As long as the wages are halved an his asking price is about £10M max.

If Rooney does come, great, but he needs to take a wage cut, don't want him on a 5 year deal at quarter of a million pound a week.

you're insane, £10m for a 32 year old ?? are you for real ?? a 32 year old who sold out for the money and went off to Russia for a couple of years of doing nothing but let the fat pay cheques roll in. £10m LOL.... wow

GURJ SS   

you're insane, £10m for a 32 year old ?? are you for real ?? a 32 year old who sold out for the money and went off to Russia for a couple of years of doing nothing but let the fat pay cheques roll in. £10m LOL.... wow

How much is Dider Drogba worth at 35? Frank Lampard? Terry at 32? £10M in the market today is hardly anything, this is the same market that has Bale valued at £80M+ Now that is something to lol about. Edited by GURJ SS

Eto'o retired from top level football the minute he signed for Anzhi, there is no way in hell we should attempt to sign him. I'm sure all the noise is coming from Eto'o's camp and journalists who see Chelsea want a striker + Eto'o is available = Chelsea want Eto'o.

genjuro   

To get Eto is a massive step backwards imo........you really think he would do a good job here? For 10m as suggested even? Not to forget he is at what 400k a week? So thats 200k IF he wishes to come here.........I wouldnt touch Eto on a free. Come'on now you can't be serious. And please dont compare Drog to Eto, even today the King brings fear to defenders.

GURJ SS   

To get Eto is a massive step backwards imo........you really think he would do a good job here? For 10m as suggested even? Not to forget he is at what 400k a week? So thats 200k IF he wishes to come here.........I wouldnt touch Eto on a free. Come'on now you can't be serious. And please dont compare Drog to Eto, even today the King brings fear to defenders.

Eto'o is on about £300,000 a week I think, but not sure, either way £150,000 a week isn't bad for a player of that profile.

Any higher it's best avoided.

I wasn't comparing him to Drogba, I was comparing how a players age doesn't really come into it once the fee is around £10M.

Yes Drogba is still good, but in Turkey now, so I would be wary about him coming back as he won't be match fit enough to play games week in week out. Eto'o is not rubbish, his just having a holiday from football, doesn't mean his finished. He has done well wherever he has played, I wouldn't mind him taking Ba's place anyway.

No one would, I think, intentionally write something to make themselves sound arrogant or ill informed yet that is how this comment could be read. Why should playing in Russia, or Turkey for that matter, impact on a player's match fitness? I've seen no evidence that it should. Indeed, given that the Russians are already into their league season, we might expect a player from one of their clubs to have more match fitness currently than one from an English Premier League team.