• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

paulw66   

so you would buy Eto'o for £10m and give him £150k a week at the age of 32? now I know you are insane, either that or just incredibly stupid.

Reports in the Guardiian suggesting a fee of £5m.

In a scenario where we could off load Torres for £10m - £15m and get in Eto'o for £5m, assuming similar wage packets, I would be happy with that provided it was a short term deal of maybe 2 years for Eto'o.

Proven goal scorer and has worked well under Jose before, although I accept he was a bit younger then.

why are you all worried about the money anyway, it's not your money - it's Roman's. If he can afford to throw it at the guy then let him

the fact is, if we can't get Rooney then Eto'o would be a great option. You guys dribble over the thought of getting Drogba back even though he's spent the last year in China and Turkey but don't have any time for one of the best strikers of our generation? This is Eto'o we're talking about not some random clogger and he's 32 not 35

why are you all worried about the money anyway, it's not your money - it's Roman's. If he can afford to throw it at the guy then let him

the fact is, if we can't get Rooney then Eto'o would be a great option. You guys dribble over the thought of getting Drogba back even though he's spent the last year in China and Turkey but don't have any time for one of the best strikers of our generation? This is Eto'o we're talking about not some random clogger and he's 32 not 35

Oh my, thats plumbing new depths of naivety.

::click::

United are in for Eto'o? And they want to keep Rooney as well, so Van Persie, Rooney, Eto'o, Hernandez, Zaha and the other one (can't believe I've forgotten his name!) will be their strikers?

Yeah, right. If they sign Eto'o it surely means Rooney is coming. They can deny it all they want, but if that signing happens Rooney is gone, and he will almost certainly hand on a transfer request. You could even call it constructive dismissal.

Only a rumour right now though...

United are in for Eto'o? And they want to keep Rooney as well, so Van Persie, Rooney, Eto'o, Hernandez, Zaha and the other one (can't believe I've forgotten his name!) will be their strikers?

Yeah, right. If they sign Eto'o it surely means Rooney is coming. They can deny it all they want, but if that signing happens Rooney is gone, and he will almost certainly hand on a transfer request. You could even call it constructive dismissal.

Welcome back James.

I was thinking about you earlier but I'm sure that information is even scarier to you than it is to me! :)

Edited by Bridgejunky

Makes me hope they get Eto'o then.

Zaha is a winger.

Khobar   

27th or 28th August, when the transfer will be announced.

I wish I could've as confident as you.

However, I can't believe that Man Utd would relent after stating so many times that they aren't selling. I understand its a game of bluff, double bluff and counter-bluff, but to sell would make Utd, and Moyes in particular, look incredibly weak and would make such a transfer twice as damaging as just selling a few weeks ago.

That said, their dealings so far in this post-Fergie era have appeared shambolic and amateurish so I guess anything is possible.

Edited by Khobar

GURJ SS   

No one would, I think, intentionally write something to make themselves sound arrogant or ill informed yet that is how this comment could be read. Why should playing in Russia, or Turkey for that matter, impact on a player's match fitness? I've seen no evidence that it should. Indeed, given that the Russians are already into their league season, we might expect a player from one of their clubs to have more match fitness currently than one from an English Premier League team.

Because as we always hear from every player that comes from most abroad countries, that it takes time to adjust to the premier league because its more physically demanding. Zhirkov and Arshavin both mentioned this. Just going on what players normally say, unless they are wrong.