• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Fabregas would be a fantstic signing. I'll be smuggling some celery into the Bridge just for him.

Kay Burley @KayBurley · Frank #Lampard confirms he's leaving #cfc after 13 years and 648 appearances for the club.

#Lampard: 'This club has become part of my life and I have so many to thank for the opportunity'

:(

Fabregas? Yes please. Just a mind-blowing signing if we can get him. Also potential future captaincy material too. Plus, would be a big huge wallop in the face to Arsenal.

Fabregas is exactly what we need. Playmaker, scores goals, makes goals, relatively young, knows English football, winner. Can play deep or in the number 10 role. Just the perfect signing for us and well worth £30 million for absolute sure. Can't see many people opposing this signing. Never thought we'd go for him, or get him. But if we did get him? WOW. Cesc is one of the few players in the world who would be worthy of Lampard's number 8 shirt.

Let's hope this happens. Him and Matic together with Ramires and Tiago on the bench would be excellent.

Kay Burley @KayBurley · Frank #Lampard confirms he's leaving #cfc after 13 years and 648 appearances for the club.

#Lampard: 'This club has become part of my life and I have so many to thank for the opportunity'

:(

Thanks for the memories Frank. True CFC legend, will never be forgotten. Always welcome back here. Sure he will get a farewell game of some kind, and deffo get a statue at the Bridge. And he'll be back one day. No doubt about it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27673942

Edited by James Prescott

life   

do you mean, your first choice? I dont see how you can analyse what the club wants from what has come out in the media today

I am using what I have got to try to, and posted my opinion, I don't feel what I posted should really get under anyones skin really. If you want fabregas over pogba, you should have said it. All we had to go with was the spanish article and deduction due to availabilty, where as pogba reports were better than that, in that it had more reports.

Now I have checked again and guardian+ telegraph are jumping on it, who knows, these are pretty much all we can go by, reliable or not. Personal predictions are part of the whole thing.

paulw66   

You didn't get under my skin. You said Pogba is our first choice.... I said I thought you meant he was your first choice.

synavm   

Telegraph saying that we're targetting Lavezzi, Fabregas and Costa is getting my giddy. We get those three and hang onto our best players and put simply, we win the league.

So with Frank gone we're left with Matic, Mikel, Ramires and MVG; of those four Mikel looks like he is surplus to requirements, Ramires has been lousy for 18 months and MVG is a kid coming off a bad injury and would probably benefit from a loan to get some minutes. For me if we do get Tiago and Fabregas we are still going to require a further midfielder to keep the depth unless the club decides to throw Nate into the deep end.

Only worry with Fabregas is that he's played a lot of games from a young age. He's already played 450 career apps. Lampard has 648...

Barca were desperate to sign him from Arsenal 3 years ago... This could be an expensive affair should he end up not being quite as good as we had first thought.

Not saying he's finished - just think a cautious approach could be worth considering. Regardless, we could just use him as a CM (and not an AM) and use his technique and passing to dictate play.

Think it could be a pretty good partnership with Matic and Oscar/Willian/Hazard/Schurrle/Salah opens up for some interesting attacking combinations.

On paper a fantastic signing. Ticks most boxes and has a distinct "one of the last pieces of the jigsaw" thing about it.

Costa, Fabregas and a new FB and this summer would have been very productive. Add Tiago and some loanees coming back and we look pretty decent. That's roughly £80m spend there. With Luiz gone, and £10m left from the Mata fund that's a net spend of £20-30m.

There is room for more.