• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

€36m for Fabregas apparently. Could've picked him up for €3.60 and it still wouldn't lift any of the sadness around SFL leaving.

How many more chances do you want Torres to get? What will the excuse be this time when he still fails to score?

He couldn't score with Lampard supplying him. He couldn't score with Mata supplying him. He couldn't score with Oscar supplying him. He couldn't score... full stop! Time he left.

Torres doesn't score. Doesn't matter who is behind him - it's more a question of the quality of the opposition in front of him.

kratos   

SFL has truly hit me hard but we've always known over the years that sentiment and football don't always mix.

The saddest part is that the team that last won the league has almost gone, with JT, Bane and Cech the survivors.

The guy leaves as an all time great and hopefully in a couple of years he will return as coach.

Frank you are a legend and thank you for everything that you have done.

Ando   

Would be delighted if we actually got this done. It almost makes too much sense.

Nothing specially new in spanish media:

-Mundo Deportivo and Cadena Ser reporting that Fabregas has all agreed with Chelsea and only remaining are the clubs agreeing a fee for him.

-Cadena Cope reporting, again, that Filipe is very close to sign for us because Chelsea are going to pay his release clause (24 million euros).

still quite early

Holymoly   

Seems we're involved with everyone unfortunately it's a long time until July 1st

I think Chelsea can make the signings official way before july 1st. Didn't we sign people like Robben, Cech or Marin in may or before?

I think Chelsea can make the signings official way before july 1st. Didn't we sign people like Robben, Cech or Marin in may or before?

Yep- signings can be made and announced long in advance of taking place.

I don't think a player can be registered and eligible to play until the window formally opens, but there is no reason clubs and players can't come to binding contractual agreements before then.

SFL has truly hit me hard but we've always known over the years that sentiment and football don't always mix.

The saddest part is that the team that last won the league has almost gone, with JT, Bane and Cech the survivors.

The guy leaves as an all time great and hopefully in a couple of years he will return as coach.

Frank you are a legend and thank you for everything that you have done.

Jeez, no kidding. How quickly that team disappeared over 4.5 years.

Ashley Cole, Essien, Carvalho, Joe Cole, Drogba, Ballack, Malouda, Bosingwa, Zhirkov, Ferreira, Deco, Kalou, Turnbull, Sturridge, Alex, Belletti, Anelka... All gone :(

Mind you, Mikel and Hilario are both still involved in the side. And technically, Matic is too ;)

And I'm also not sad to see a few of the aforementioned gone!!