• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Thought it before. We should go for Oxlade Chamberlin - he would be perfect in the centre. Speed, strength and a great touch. Not sure they'd sell to us though.

Was just thinking that - impressed with him every time I watch him play and for me, better than Barkley, Walcott, Sterling etc

jones   

Comparing Costa to the three big money striker signings the last ten years (Drogba, Shevchenko & Torres), I am confident of which one of them he reminds me most of. Strong, tough, confident and hard-working - sounds like Drogba doesn't it? A bit too much of diving and dirty tricks? Well, Drogba was not exactly a stranger to that kind of behaviour before he joined either. Fluffing a chance one day, and banging it in when it is needed the most? That surely was Drogba until late 2000's.

Costa seems to be mentally strong, very much unlike Torres and Sheva, who apparantly could not handle the pressure of leading the line for Chelsea. Also quite fresh on the International football stage, unlike CL and Serie A winner Shevchenko and PLs best striker and EC+WC winning Torres was when they arrived here - Costa should have a lot of hunger, and despite a very decent goal return and a just clinched La Liga title on his hands, a lot to prove.

He may not be as flashy as Zlatan, as talented as Ronaldo, as politically correct as Lewandowski or as expensive as Cavani, but there is just some things about him that smells success. He just seems too Drogba to me to not say it out loud: I am feeling very good about this one.

Holymoly   

So am I to believe CFC have put Petr Cech on the transfer list?

Costa deal seems far from done according to some sources. These are apparently quotes from the AM president in response to stories that Costa has passed a medical at Chelsea.

"Diego has the attributes to become the world's best forward but what we will not do is oblige someone to play where they do not want to" Atletico Madrid president Enrique Cerezo was quoted as saying in Spanish media. ''If he (Costa) has an agreement with someone then let him come and tell us" he added. ''If he wants to leave, let him come and deposit his buyout clause which I believe is around 42 or 43 million euros."

Reuters

barcastuff @barcastuff · 10m Pique (to Del Bosque, caught on mic before press conference today): "Cesc told me the deal is done, 33 millions." [via tve]

ChelsTransferGossip @ChelsTransfer · 9m Pique was caught with open mic telling Del Bosque at the press conference that Fabregas has signed his departure from #FCB for €33m. (Mundo)

Edited by AnniHilat0R

jones   

Costa deal seems far from done according to some sources. These are apparently quotes from the AM president in response to stories that Costa has passed a medical at Chelsea.

"Diego has the attributes to become the world's best forward but what we will not do is oblige someone to play where they do not want to" Atletico Madrid president Enrique Cerezo was quoted as saying in Spanish media. ''If he (Costa) has an agreement with someone then let him come and tell us" he added. ''If he wants to leave, let him come and deposit his buyout clause which I believe is around 42 or 43 million euros."

Reuters

Hmm, don't know what to make of that. But on the other hand, for Atletico, it is always a good stance to say that you won't accept offers below the buy out clause. (Since all fees are undisclosed, this takes away any possible speculation of a lower price.) Gives them a "clean" history in future negotiations. Which very well may be ongoing regarding the sale of Koke, Luis etc.

Scooba   

barcastuff @barcastuff · 10m Pique (to Del Bosque, caught on mic before press conference today): "Cesc told me the deal is done, 33 millions." [via tve]

ChelsTransferGossip @ChelsTransfer · 9m Pique was caught with open mic telling Del Bosque at the press conference that Fabregas has signed his departure from #FCB for 33m. (Mundo)

Yeah, to who though?

Pacojo @PacojoSER · 25m Piqué confirma a Del Bosque que Cesc se va del Barça por 33 mill €.(se supone q al Chelsea) conversación pillada por TVE pre rueda de prensa

Translates to: Pacojo @ PacojoSER · 25m Piqué Del Bosque confirmed that Cesc leaves Barca for 33 million €. (Assuming q Chelsea) conversation caught by pre TVE press conference

33m Euros, thats about 27m Pounds ? Could be an inter team joke possibly, cause thats quite a low transfer sum.