• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/480493/Jose-Mourinho-speaks-out-about-Chelsea-s-Cesc-Fabregas-chase

Doesn't fill me with confidence I must say, regardless of it coming from the Express. Gives Utd a chance to slide in.

Chelsea absolutely hate it if the press pre-guess our transfers. There will always be hints against a story if it is true.

jones   

Fabregas, to me is like a mixture of our beloved no.8 and Mata....

Like a Frank Juanpard, if you will....

I'll get my coat

You should. :-)

life   

@life we're signing Paul Pogba though?

Explain this statement, its vague, what are you getting at? Edited by life

When did we have members of the club (JM, Torres, Azpil) comment on a player without us signing him? I genuineley can't remember.

Cough, Rooney, cough.

cam4blue   

Under your FFP trading scheme the Chief Scout couldn't just go out and buy Courtois and Lukaku because he fancies them. That kind of deal would have to fit in with the big plan and the spending on the first team.

Yes.

TBH I imagine there would be separate allowances for both, with a certain amount of overlap (players such as Oscar for example, who are both first team ready and a future saleable asset).

Suppose they came along in a year you had no cash to spare - would you be asking them nicely not to sign for anyone else, but just wait for our finance director to say the numbers work this year?

You could try that. I imagine someone else would just buy them. The net outlay for the first year would likely be very small however, maybe you could find a way around it. Maybe buy them and loan them back to the club they came from who would pay a percentage of their wage for that period.

This argument BTW, "suppose you had no cash left", well, then you aren't buying anyone. It works the same in all scenarios.

Or suppose you have just shot your load on bunch of prospects and then go out of the CL in the qualifying round: Finance Director to Chief Scout: We need to take our capital gains early please.

The way we seem to be operating it is that we pick up players and do deals as the season goes on, so maybe we are making deals as targets are hit. I hadn't considered that, but it makes an element of sense (am I right in saying that the only recent season we haven't picked up a pricy "prospect" in January was the year we went out of the CL at the group stage?).

Imagine trying to cash in on Lukaku back in 2012.

That would make no sense.

Or worse, suppose the FD tells his scout he has to spend £50m on prospects this summer. HAS to.

I imagine they would be given a budget and what are they doing if they aren't spending it?

I like conspiracy theories usually, and I am tempted to go into details with this player trading theory . But it really is so unorthodox it should just be laughed out of court.

IIRC your theory was that Roman lets his mates pick players with his money like expensive lottery tickets. That really is likely to get laughed at.

But we could have done that with first team players, no advantage in doing it with prospects.

Who says we aren't doing it with first team players? We have. We will.

But in terms of FFP the only money that counts is the money in play. No point sitting on money, because then you can't spend it.

IIRC your theory was that Roman lets his mates pick players with his money like expensive lottery tickets. That really is likely to get laughed at.

Well they are both bizarre theories. Only one fits with the other things that RA does like own 4 massive yachts.

But I am taking a bunch of crazy actions and finding a crazy reason why someone might want to do that.

You are taking a bunch of crazy actions and claiming to find rational reasons for doing so. It will never work.

Good Trading results in financial volatility. When financial needs drive trading it is always a disaster.

Edited by Droy was my hero

Stidilko   

Why would Diego Costa change his nationality to Spain, and in the same year leave Spain for another country?

Holymoly   

Why would Diego Costa change his nationality to Spain, and in the same year leave Spain for another country?

Because he's more likely to get a starter spot for Spain than Brazil?