• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Why the hell would we sign Eto'o? That's a massive step backwards because of age, and wages; even so, I don't think it will happen because we're clearly going a different route considering the recent influx of young players.

Another thing, I just wonder how Welbeck makes the starting spot for England and United. I just don't know what it is about him, or what managers see in him, but to me, he looks so awkward on the ball, his awareness is dodgy, touch is always mistimed. The only positives I see is his link-up play and pace.

Rooney was off the pace as well--I'd assume because his match fitness is low. I don't think he'll be in the match day squad for United on Sunday.

Holymoly   

I wish I could've as confident as you.

However, I can't believe that Man Utd would relent after stating so many times that they aren't selling. I understand its a game of bluff, double bluff and counter-bluff, but to sell would make Utd, and Moyes in particular, look incredibly weak and would make such a transfer twice as damaging as just selling a few weeks ago.

That said, their dealings so far in this post-Fergie era have appeared shambolic and amateurish so I guess anything is possible.

And yet they keep nagging on to Barcelona about Fabregas. It seems to be ok for them to try and buy a player but not for others to seek to buy their players.

I'm not posting bs. Remember that I confirmed benteke wouldn't sign for us the day he handed in a transfer request. You and the media were dead certain he would sign for us. And I was first to mention rooney being our primary target back in june.

Or maybe that Benteke realised that he wouldn't get in the front of the queue at our place and decided that it was in his best interest to stay where he was. A bit like a certain defender from the south coast?

Holymoly   

Not going to lie I'm still concerned that we haven't sorted out a new striker or defensive midfielder yet as they were the two biggest problems with our starting XI last season. For me I really can't see Rooney being sold to us and there are not that many strikers out there now that could significantly upgrade us. VG may be able to step up and solve the DM position but I think it is expecting a lot from a 20 year old who hasn't played in a top European league yet. For me while it is great to have Jose back and a more depth to the squad I'm still concerned about the two positions mentioned.

I tend to agree.

Holymoly   

Thought Dzeco would have been a decent shout to be honest.

I said last year that he may have been worth a cheeky enquiry in January instead of Ba.

Holymoly   

Moyes talking about Rooney...cringeworthy...

Cringeworthy? Didn't he play inside left a hundred years ago?

0liver   

That move for Bruma seems to have gone cold.

His agent this week said Real Madrid have made an offer alongside PSV and Galatasaray.

I thought everyone was waiting for the August 27th deadline of the ruling on his contract dispute by the Joint Arbitrations Commission? (or so I read on WAGNH)