• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

BlueFizz   

I'm for Ramires - but he needs to used in ways that exploit his box-to-box energy and ability to go around a player of two. To my mind he's not a link-up passer. I actually think he's impressed more when wide in a 3 than in the deeper role.

Lukaku is hard to read - he's done well at Everton and from what I've seen, added to his game and dropped a bit of bulk. But - and this is 'reading between the lines' I acknowledge - his attributed comments suggest he doesn't fancy competing for a regular place, but wants assurances - only proven world class strikers get that.

genjuro   

Just baffling how some can so easily throw Rami to the Wind......ungrateful bunch we are sometimes ha.

Edited by genjuro

cc1173   

Ramires is one of our most important players. He's a freak. Forget Hazard, he is the player that would be hardest to replace (like for like) in this squad.

lzheyi   

I may be the minority but I think ramires would be hard to replace. No questions last season wasn't his best but I would not say all seasons he was poor.

As for lukaku, I don't blame him if this is what he thinks although more likely to be purposefully mistranslated by some journalists. If he had been playing well in EPL for two loans/seasons and didn't feel that he is likely to get a chance with us, who can blame me thinking to leave?

We aren't the club renowned to give youngsters chances are we? I am sure this statement will led to me being bombarded but I feel this is my observation so far. Obviously lots of reasons behind it esp no stability with managers. I do hope the situation will change next season. If not I seriously doubt we will be able to attract young upcoming players when we compete with clubs like barcelona, bayern munich, arsenal, even man utd n liverpool would be better options with brendan and louis van gaal keen to use young players. I think this coming season will tell us if Jose is really keeping to his words about development and use of young players.

I may be the minority but I think ramires would be hard to replace. No questions last season wasn't his best but I would not say all seasons he was poor.

I am with you. OK he may lack the control skills of his compatriots but he gives everything, covers loads of ground and has scored some important goals

As for lukaku, I don't blame him if this is what he thinks although more likely to be purposefully mistranslated by some journalists. If he had been playing well in EPL for two loans/seasons and didn't feel that he is likely to get a chance with us, who can blame me thinking to leave?

We aren't the club renowned to give youngsters chances are we? I am sure this statement will led to me being bombarded but I feel this is my observation so far. Obviously lots of reasons behind it esp no stability with managers. I do hope the situation will change next season. If not I seriously doubt we will be able to attract young upcoming players when we compete with clubs like barcelona, bayern munich, arsenal, even man utd n liverpool would be better options with brendan and louis van gaal keen to use young players. I think this coming season will tell us if Jose is really keeping to his words about development and use of young players.

Consider the two bits in bold- you're right to say we rarely give 'youngsters' a run in the team, and yet we've had literally no troubles convincing those players to come here. Seems unlikely that will change any time soon.

We do have history for giving young players first team football, though. It's just that those players tend to be ones we've spent a lot of money on and who have already been doing it at a high level- Cech, Robben, Mikel, Oscar, Hazard ... Lukaku is a one-off in that he's a multi-million pound 'youngster' who hasn't gone into the first team. It really shows how stupid a signing he was (although not how good or bad a player he is)- all the money and no contribution is not a good mix.

And I'm massively pro-Ramires. Really getting an unfair beating on these boards. Not particularly convinced he had a poor season.

Edited by thevelourfog

kumbaya   

It's just that those players tend to be ones we've spent a lot of money on and who have already been doing it at a high level- Cech, Robben, Mikel, Oscar, Hazard ... Lukaku is a one-off in that he's a multi-million pound 'youngster' who hasn't gone into the first team. It really shows how stupid a signing he was (although not how good or bad a player he is)- all the money and no contribution is not a good mix.

And I'm massively pro-Ramires. Really getting an unfair beating on these boards. Not particularly convinced he had a poor season.

We've always known that those kind players will be given a chance. I think he's particularly talking about those youngsters we loan out instantly or those from the academy.

Anyway, Ramires is an important player and Jose knows this. I'm happy he's still at Chelsea.

The funny part is, only two seasons ago Ramires was envied by many teams.

While his technique and passing may be lower, he did start off later than usual and should still improve. He was a bricklayer in Brazil in 2004...

Holymoly   

Ramires can be sublimely brilliant like his goal against Barcelona. However, equally he can seem to be made of rubber as balls bounce off him alarmingly for a Brazilian. Add to that his questionable temperament and I would argue that "nice guy" status nothwithstanding if an offer of £25m came in for him we could find better. Every player has a value to the club beyond which we should cash in and invest in an improved version. That value was found for both Mata and David Luiz., both apparently nice guys but they were offers it would be ridiculous to ignore for essentially squad players. I think we are going to see those values met for Ramires and Mikel this summer. Hopefully we will invest in improving the squad.

. He was a bricklayer in Brazil in 2004...

Some challenges may suggest he still is, he can go all vinnie jones sometimes