• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

paulw66   

Where do you get any sort of impression that Ramires wants to leave? Or are you just speaking hypothetically?

Moreover, there is no serious link that RM even want him.

The whole thing is very hypothetical.

Ramires is a funny one - I can see why other teams would really want him (freakish stamina, speed, ball winning etc). and I wouldn't want to lose him.

But he is so incredibly frustrating (awful touch, one footed-ness, lack of vision, limited passing range) that I feel we could upgrade.

Problem is with Real Madrid making an official offer, they'll come back with a counter offer. Once they decide they want a player enough, they don't back down until they get him, with Bale being the prime example. The dizzy lights of Madrid, the lifestyle, Ramires's family, Ancelotti factor, European Champions all add up. I've always said if a player wants to leave then we should always let them leave but only if the offer is what the club want. Don't want any player who doesn't want to be here. Unhappy players = disruptive dressing room.

Surely it's only a rumour that they are interested, not an actual hard offer, as you suggest. Or do you know something we don't?

life   

I wonder if people would swap Ramires for Varane or Khedira?

Varane yes, khedira, no

We have top youth midfielders for our team who imo can make it, in defence we have just zouma, varane will be a nice addition, for the future to, a young CB who has done well at all levels.

Varane yes, khedira, no

We have top youth midfielders for our team who imo can make it, in defence we have just zouma, varane will be a nice addition, for the future to, a young CB who has done well at all levels.

Kalas? Omeruo? Christensen?

We've plenty of CB prospects, the same sort of wealth as we do in midfield. I'd not fancy any of our prospects, either in defence or midfield, to get close to Varane or Khedira.

Does anyone know why the Luiz deal is yet to go through (or Costa)?

As Alec says, French registration opens tomorrow. The official news item on the English language version of PSG's website mentioned 10 June as being the date when the move will become formal.

I wouldn't be surprised if we've been saving an announcement or two of our own for then- burying 'bad' news is a fairly standard tactic. Just deduction and guess work though, not claiming an insight into anything.

synavm   

Would definitely take Khedira but I wouldn't want to ship Ramires out (aside of his cynical antics, I actually really rate him) and the idea of giving Chalobah a proper chance appeals to me more.

I'm going to defend Ramires here.

I keep reading about him "losing the plot" and his "cynical antics" but personally , had the referee in the Villa game done his job even half right then Ramires does not get frustrated and "leave his foot in".

It's rare for a player to be running in possession of the ball and be scythed down at high speed and in an aggressive manner by a player clearly feeling that he's allowed to do anything he likes and then be the one who gets sent off.

It's rare, but if it's going to happen its going to happen to Chelsea.

I'm hoping that the referees start refereeing all the games equally next year and not treating us as a special case to be treated overly harshly compared to everyone else , and if they don't I fully back him if Jose then loses the plot too.

Edited by Mark Kelly

Dingus   

Take it for what it's worth....

DiegoCora_ESPN@diegocora_ESPN1h

33M€, contrato por 4 años (hasta 2018), salario de £156,000 por semana, los acuerdos hechos de #Chelsea por Fabregas