• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Holymoly   

I think we maybe have to count Lukaku out of the equation for next season. Everton are apparently already in talks to keep him for a second season and, unless he has an absolute monster of a World Cup, I can't see Jose doing anything to stop a move. So I guess, given that Ba stated the other day that Jose's already told him he wants him to stay, I guess our strike options will be Costa/Torres/Ba.

If you ask me that hasn't done a vast amount to change things up front, we're still going to be hunting for goals especially if Costa doesn't hit the ground running after perhaps a heavy WC workload

David Luiz to PSG confirmed. Shows that transfers can be confirmed during a WC, as Brazil played yesterday.

Still hopeful of Costa being confirmed soon.

being linked with alex song now as a potential replacement for mikel, link here I know its only the metro but I think we are all in agreement that if mikel goes, which is seemingly quite likely, that he needs replacing with a proven player, personally I think song would be a better fit for us as a squad player as I feel he is a more rounded player than mikel.

A midfield of matic ramires fabregas song and say a youngster like chalobah in a 4231 looks pretty well balanced to me.

being linked with alex song now as a potential replacement for mikel, link here I know its only the metro but I think we are all in agreement that if mikel goes, which is seemingly quite likely, that he needs replacing with a proven player, personally I think song would be a better fit for us as a squad player as I feel he is a more rounded player than mikel.

A midfield of matic ramires fabregas song and say a youngster like chalobah in a 4231 looks pretty well balanced to me.

Whilst you could argue that Song is the more all-round player, I think with the squad we've got/building Mikel is the much better option as his ability to shield the back four will be required in the big games.

For me Song isn't a better player than Mikel so I would rather stick with the later. I think Song needs to go somewhere where he will play week in week out again. If he came here he would probably play no more than he did at Barcelona.

Forgot about van ginkel as well strong midfield, can see your point about mikel he is probably better at what he does well, like thevelourfog says he is homegrown mikel I believe doesn't count as one so you would in essence be freeing up a spot for a foreign player.

For me Song isn't a better player than Mikel so I would rather stick with the later. I think Song needs to go somewhere where he will play week in week out again. If he came here he would probably play no more than he did at Barcelona.

Agree.

Would be change for change sake and not necessarily for the better.

Need an upgrade on Mikel should he go, not a more limited alternative.