• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Ham   

There's different ways to 'unlock a defence' in games where teams sit deep and just defend.

There's another way to break down stubborn defences but it's a little bit left field and revolutionary.

It's called shooting on target.

The problem with our attacking play at the moment is that our Strikers don't occupy the opposition CB's enough in order to allow the AM's enough space. As a result, I think Costa is a good fit for us as he will bring others into play more, while buying a striker that fits the way we play is much better than buying a striker that doesn't. Anyone who wants proof of this only needs to look at Torres. Nevertheless, I would agree that we could maybe do with a different option if Lukaku and Costa are our CF's next season. For me, If we could offload Torres and Ba then Remy would be the striker I would look at as he is only £7-9m not on massive wages, is different to the other strikers and has shown he can score in the Premier League.

Edited by sebcfc

BlueFizz   

It's too easy to look at Sturridge last night and last season then say - we were wrong to let him go. He wasn't the player he is now back then.

I remember him having moments - a great curled goal against QPR at the Bridge in heavy rain. But I also remember an appalling unwillingness to track back, function within the team system.

So he was played 'out of position'. So what? Welcome to the modern game mate. Didn't hear Azpi Sulking last season. And at that stage with a name to make for himself he shoild have been willing to play anywhere imo.

I still don't miss the guy. Still think he (and Sterling) are too in love with going past people for the sake of it - even when the decisive pass shot doesn't require it.

And that stupid victory dance is enough to warrant a lifetime Bridge ban.

paulw66   

Why do Spain play Busquets, Xavi, Alonso AND Iniesta together. Seriously.

Two European championships and a world cup victory perhaps?

Nick89   

Great to see us finally getting a quality striker. Torres has held us down for nearly four years now. His fee made us so stubborn that we wouldn't buy a quality striker because we simply HAD to make him find his rythm. It hasn't happened at all and we've suffered so badly from it. But FINALLY the board has realised that Atletí and Liverpool Torres is absolutely gone, and he can never be found again.

Sarin   

Two European championships and a world cup victory perhaps?

I meant that it is a bit redundant.

They could easily play Xavi, Alonso and Cesc to add more attacking and creativity. \

Or Mata behind a striker, Silva left and Pedro right getting more forward.

Instead of grinding out 1-0 wins. They have the players to do a lot more.

It's too easy to look at Sturridge last night and last season then say - we were wrong to let him go. He wasn't the player he is now back then.

I remember him having moments - a great curled goal against QPR at the Bridge in heavy rain. But I also remember an appalling unwillingness to track back, function within the team system.

Hasn't changed a bit IMO. .

It's too easy to look at Sturridge last night and last season then say - we were wrong to let him go. Very easy - it is true.

Holymoly   

Hasn't changed a bit IMO. .

It's too easy to look at Sturridge last night and last season then say - we were wrong to let him go. Very easy - it is true.

Don't agree. His attitude doesn't fit for our club. I can't put my finger on it, maybe it's the misplaced arrogance of youth, Maybe it's the sense of entitlement he seems to expect. We'll see how he does in Europe next season but even if he ends up knocking in 20 goals a season for the next ten years I'd still support the idea that we were well shot of him. The great strikers have a humbleness about them that Sturridge can only dream of.

Don't agree. His attitude doesn't fit for our club. I can't put my finger on it, maybe it's the misplaced arrogance of youth, Maybe it's the sense of entitlement he seems to expect. We'll see how he does in Europe next season but even if he ends up knocking in 20 goals a season for the next ten years I'd still support the idea that we were well shot of him. The great strikers have a humbleness about them that Sturridge can only dream of.

You have got to be joking....

Eto'o, Drogba, Henry, Ronaldo, Van Persie... the list goes on and on.