• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

cam4blue   

A half-truth- it's was an open secret that Sturridge wasn't to be used unless completely necessary. He had a mysterious injury keep him out for a while and it's been strongly rumoured that he was only still at the club because Remy had failed a medical on the transfer deadline day.

What kept him out of the side by that point was that the club had first tried to bully him into signing a new contract and then had already sold him.

Ironic, that someone who has spent a decent amount of time recently casting doubt over almost everything printed in any paper or said by anyone involved in football; now repeating ITK rumour bulls**t as if it were fact.

cam4blue   

^Maybe it wasn't as open a secret as we had all assumed.

If I were to guess as what happened; the narrative presented by TVF makes sense and may be fairly close to the truth (although it also may not).

I just found it amusing, given TVF's recent history in terms of doubting the veracity of an awful lot of quotes from newspapers, articles in newspapers, direct quotes from people involved in football, etc; statements made with frequency and vehemence; that he would repeat that theory (and it is no more than a theory) with a fair amount of certainty (especially on certain specifics that there is no way he can sure about, yet apparently is).

As you clearly agree with TVF on both the Sturridge narrative as well the distrust of the media and anyone in football with a mouth; I will add you to the list of reasons to be amused.

AFAIK, two different Chelsea managers publicly alluded to not being able to select Sturridge and the player's own agent bemoaned Chelsea's approach to negotiating a new contract. It certainly was an open secret, but that's not to say I'd steadfastly insist events unfurled that exist way.

I see the mask has fallen though. Just going straight for the personal ad hominem attacks now. I prefer it tbf, saves us all some time.

Edited by thevelourfog

Right then. According to Jose quotes I've been reading this morning: Ramires is staying. Courtois will be playing for Chelsea next season. The Costa deal hasn't as yet been finalised (i.e., he hasn't actually signed), although he's hopeful that it will be concluded. Discuss.

Right then. According to Jose quotes I've been reading this morning: Ramires is staying. Courtois will be playing for Chelsea next season. The Costa deal hasn't as yet been finalised (I.e., he hasn't actually signed), although he's hopeful that it will be concluded. Discuss.

Courtois will be with us in July - I don't think JM said any more than that.

Costa is done - surely - I don't think you can get even this thread started on "what should we do if we can't sign Costa".

Ramires is staying - delete 20 pages.

Courtois will be with us in July - I don't think JM said any more than that.

Costa is done - surely - I don't think you can get even this thread started on "what should we do if we can't sign Costa".

http://www.espnfc.com/story/1883168/mourinho-upbeat-over-diego-costa-chelsea-switch

Re: Costa - "I've asked the club to bring him in, and I am extremely confident that we're going to get him, and that he'll end up signing for Chelsea". Which tends to suggest that he hasn't, in fact, signed. Is all I'm saying.

Re: Courtois - "When the World Cup in Brazil is over, Courtois will be coming straight back to Stamford Bridge - end of story." Granted, you can interpret that comment a number of ways, and maybe your's is correct. However, I believe he (Mourinho) was responding to a question regarding comments made earlier by Courtois, about the problems having him and Cech in the same squad.

cam4blue   

I see the mask has fallen though. Just going straight for the personal ad hominem attacks now. I prefer it tbf, saves us all some time.

I made no "personal" attack, and in fact, I have said nothing personal about you whatsoever.

I certainly made no "ad hominem" attack, as that would be me saying that your argument is wrong because of some personal reason. I didn't say your argument was wrong at all and, as already mentioned, I said nothing personal.

Didn't you once say something about accusing others of something they weren't doing as a means to score points?

It's just amusing to me that someone who has made such a big deal about the veracity of sources ( numerous times recently, in fact), would say something that is so obviously speculation.

No need for this to drag on, however. It was just a comment. If you think it totally consistent, then fine. I'll just remember it the next time you attack a poster for believing speculation, or what those involved in football say; after all "misdirection is easy, common and requires very little effort from anyone involved".

http://www.espnfc.com/story/1883168/Mourinho-upbeat-over-diego-costa-chelsea-switch

Re: Costa - "I've asked the club to bring him in, and I am extremely confident that we're going to get him, and that he'll end up signing for Chelsea". Which tends to suggest that he hasn't, in fact, signed. Is all I'm saying.

Re: Courtois - "When the World Cup in Brazil is over, Courtois will be coming straight back to Stamford Bridge - end of story." Granted, you can interpret that comment a number of ways, and maybe your's is correct. However, I believe he (Mourinho) was responding to a question regarding comments made earlier by Courtois, about the problems having him and Cech in the same squad.

Costa - didn't JM make vague comments about being interested in Fabregas a week ago?

I think he is merely respecting Costa's wish not to announce anything until after the WC.

With JM (and indeed most people with any power or influence) you have to ask not "what does that mean literally" but rather what is he trying to achieve with the statement. It seems he doesn't want anyone questioning further what will happen with Courtois, and he doesn't want anyone pre-announcing a Costa deal too early.

Courtois made no fresh statement earlier - he just repeated he doesn't want to be a Number 2 keeper. That is what he is supposed to say. Indeed even Schwarzer said something similar.

Costa - didn't JM make vague comments about being interested in Fabregas a week ago?

I think he is merely respecting Costa's wish not to announce anything until after the WC.

With JM (and indeed most people with any power or influence) you have to ask not "what does that mean literally" but rather what is he trying to achieve with the statement. It seems he doesn't want anyone questioning further what will happen with Courtois, and he doesn't want anyone pre-announcing a Costa deal too early.

Courtois made no fresh statement earlier - he just repeated he doesn't want to be a Number 2 keeper. That is what he is supposed to say. Indeed even Schwarzer said something similar.

As I said before, you can interpret Jose's comments any way that suits. I fully believe that Costa will be at Chelsea next season, but Jose's comments leave a question mark, surely? He could have made his point without saying "He'll end up signing for Chelsea", which despite what you (or I) believe, more than just suggests that he hasn't actually signed a contract - yet. It may well be because of the World Cup (a possible version of events that I've suggested myself), but then, it may be something else entirely. We'll all have opinions and interpretations, but the fact is, we just don't know for certain. And Jose's comments regarding the Costa deal leave room for speculation.

As for Courtois, his (Courtois') quoted comments were clearly more than a simple 'he doesn't want to be a Number 2 keeper'.

Speaking last month, Courtois had said he did not necessarily believe that returning to London would be the best step for him, with Petr Cech Chelsea's Premier League No. 1.

"The two of us want to play everything," he said. "Nobody will be happy to play in only the League Cup or FA Cup. Things are unclear at the moment.

"I have the biggest respect for Petr Cech. I think he was named as the best goalkeeper of the Premier League, so he is still at a great level. He is one of the best goalkeepers in the world, so I think putting him and me in the same team is not the healthiest thing in the world."