• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

As for Courtois, his (Courtois') quoted comments were clearly more than a simple 'he doesn't want to be a Number 2 keeper'.

Speaking last month, Courtois had said he did not necessarily believe that returning to London would be the best step for him, with Petr Cech Chelsea's Premier League No. 1.

"The two of us want to play everything," he said. "Nobody will be happy to play in only the League Cup or FA Cup. Things are unclear at the moment.

"I have the biggest respect for Petr Cech. I think he was named as the best goalkeeper of the Premier League, so he is still at a great level. He is one of the best goalkeepers in the world, so I think putting him and me in the same team is not the healthiest thing in the world."

I don't think they mean a great deal - other than the obvious which is to have 2 great keepers in one squad means one must lose out.

And the words used a day or so ago were even milder (though exaggerated by the press even more).

If, when Costa arrives, he says he he doesn't mind being on the bench behind Torres they'll be a riot on these pages.

Stidilko   

As I said before, you can interpret Jose's comments any way that suits. I fully believe that Costa will be at Chelsea next season, but Jose's comments leave a question mark, surely? He could have made his point without saying "He'll end up signing for Chelsea", which despite what you (or I) believe, more than just suggests that he hasn't actually signed a contract - yet. It may well be because of the World Cup (a possible version of events that I've suggested myself), but then, it may be something else entirely. We'll all have opinions and interpretations, but the fact is, we just don't know for certain. And Jose's comments regarding the Costa deal leave room for speculation.

Jose would never say that he is confident Chelsea will sign Costa if he wasn't a 100% sure. The deal is already done, and Chelsea will wait until the WC is done before they announce it. Costa is under an incredible amount of pressure and scrutiny because he is playing for Spain and not Brazil. Announcing that he has signed for Chelsea right now would not make him more popular, that's for sure.

Jose would never say that he is confident Chelsea will sign Costa if he wasn't a 100% sure. The deal is already done, and Chelsea will wait until the WC is done before they announce it. Costa is under an incredible amount of pressure and scrutiny because he is playing for Spain and not Brazil. Announcing that he has signed for Chelsea right now would not make him more popular, that's for sure.

As opposed to suggesting to everyone that he hasn't actually signed yet? Which is what Jose did. Yes, that works.....

Of course, Jose could have said nothing at all.........or just left it at 'being confident'. People already assumed that Costa had signed, so there was no need to qualify that, was there? Unless, of course, he hasn't signed yet.

I wouldn't read at all into Mourinho's comments on Courtois. What else is he going to tell the media, especially a Madrid-based paper? That he's not coming back, or that he intends to sell one of his players? Or, given how the market does a lot of business that we don't know about at the time, that one of them has already been sold? I think that quote is simply the easiest, least controversial thing to say as things stand- that a Chelsea player now will be a Chelsea player in July/August.

The Costa comments are quite brazen. I think there's more interest to be had in considering why Jose would speak openly about him than there is in what the words are. Is it done and Mourinho is bigging the player up? Is it not done and Jose is putting pressure on the Chelsea hierarchy to make it happen?

bert19   

As opposed to suggesting to everyone that he hasn't actually signed yet? Which is what Jose did. Yes, that works.....

Of course, Jose could have said nothing at all.........or just left it at 'being confident'. People already assumed that Costa had signed, so there was no need to qualify that, was there? Unless, of course, he hasn't signed yet.

Might just be a case of him actually putting pen to paper in fairness. If the reports that the deal has been agreed and the medical has been successfully completed, then one would hope it's a pretty simple case of him just scribbling his signature on a few bits of paper.

Or it could just be a case of announcing it after his World Cup campaign with Spain has finished? So basically, he'll officially be a Chelsea player by the end of next week ;-)

Or it could just be a case of announcing it after his World Cup campaign with Spain has finished? So basically, he'll officially be a Chelsea player by the end of next week ;-)

Lol. I am expecting Spain to lose against Brazil in round 16, so it maybe a little bit later. Is there any chance for Del Bosque to do something crazy like pairing Torres and Costa ?

Aside from that, I would like to see our new boy playing more in the World Cup when it's still possible.

Rumours coming out of spain we are back in for Kroos. The thought of him fabregas and matic in a midfield 3 is very nice indeed if unlikely

Rumours coming out of spain we are back in for Kroos. The thought of him fabregas and matic in a midfield 3 is very nice indeed if unlikely

If these were to be true then I am guessing its bye bye Oscar?

Well I have heard rumours psg are still sniffing around oscar. Dont think jose was impressed with his alarming drop in form second half of the season too. Saving himself for the world cup maybe? We would get a large fee for him.

Edited by Tom Newey