• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Oscar is about 150 times the player Kroos is.

Obviously it would depend on the figures offered but Oscar offers more as a player than Kroos. Bags of varied creative potential.

Would have to take a massive fee from the French club to prise him away, however as we've seen with Pastore, Cavani, Falcao etc...FFP or not, the French Financial Powerhouses aren't afraid to flash their cash when they really want a player...

And yes, Oscar's drop off in form was concerning.

Obviously it would depend on the figures offered but Oscar offers more as a player than Kroos. Bags of varied creative potential.

Would have to take a massive fee from the French club to prise him away, however as we've seen with Pastore, Cavani, Falcao etc...FFP or not, the French Financial Powerhouses aren't afraid to flash their cash when they really want a player...

And yes, Oscar's drop off in form was concerning.

Was it concerning if it was intentional? He said just before the season ended that essentially he was saving himself for the World Cup. It that was the reason, then I don't think there's cause for concern.

And by Barca's accounts we've just signed a player who does the same thing anyway

I dont see oscar playing in the midfield of a 4-3-3 whereas I can see kroos there. Depends if jose is considering a formation change to the one that won us back to back titles. Kroos coming in doesnt mean oscar is going though.

paulw66   

Oscar is about 150 times the player Kroos is.

He might be better when he plays for Brazil, but the 2nd half of the season, he was hugely underwhelming for Chelsea.

After scoring away at West Ham on 23rd November, he scored 3 further league goals in 4 1/2 months, 2 of which we fairly inconsequetial gloss goals against 10 man Arsenal.

Khobar   

Anyone have any idea how long Cechs shoulder injury will keep him out at the beginning of next season (if at all)? I think this would have a great bearing on whether Courtois returns for next season. If he starts next season he could rightly expect to keep his place on merit if he performs well, which would leave Cech on the bench and waiting for his opportunity. If Cech is fit from the start it's a much harder choice.

Anyone have any idea how long Cechs shoulder injury will keep him out at the beginning of next season (if at all)? I think this would have a great bearing on whether Courtois returns for next season. If he starts next season he could rightly expect to keep his place on merit if he performs well, which would leave Cech on the bench and waiting for his opportunity. If Cech is fit from the start it's a much harder choice.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/may/07/chelsea-petr-Cech-injury-surgery

So a month ago it was going to be 8 to 10 weeks - which would bring him back in time for pre-season training.

He might be better when he plays for Brazil, but the 2nd half of the season, he was hugely underwhelming for Chelsea.

After scoring away at West Ham on 23rd November, he scored 3 further league goals in 4 1/2 months, 2 of which we fairly inconsequetial gloss goals against 10 man Arsenal.

He had a poor second half in which I believe he was saving himself for the WC , when he comes back he could well be knackered after all the football he's played but I'm certain that some people on this forum on like payers like Kroos and Witsel because they're "good in FIFA" and have an unusual name.

That's "some people on this forum" not you.

Ham   

It's almost gone unnoticed that Costa has been commenting on his reasons for "choosing chelsea".

That's as definite as it has been.