• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Zoowraa   

Which one do you mean? Di Matteo, Mourinho or Benitez?

Benitez. Main point I was making was I would like to see Hazard in the No10 role, more than anything else.

Benitez did get pelters for playing him out wide though.

I don't know that his age is that big a deal. £18-19m for someone who can join an otherwise young-ish team and make a immediate contribution, keeping it up for three or so years is worth the investment.

How much was Cole on a week? It seems possible that Luis would cost as much as or only a little more than Cole did on a yearly basis, even with a seemingly large transfer fee, and at this point he'd be an upgrade.

Completely agree with this.

Also, and a point which may be somewhat I'll-advised and poorly timed, I don't think Cole has been proper world class for a few seasons now.

Luis will be a big improvement.

Benitez. Main point I was making was I would like to see Hazard in the No10 role, more than anything else.

Benitez did get pelters for playing him out wide though.

I'm sure old fatty got a lot of abuse. Some warranted and some just because of the odious little troll he is.

But Rafa playing Oscar at RW wasn't new or revolutionary. He played most of his first season at RW. Both under RDM and TFC.

Think the reason why JM has used him at CAM is because he's one of the best 'pressers' in world football.

paulw66   

I don't know that his age is that big a deal. £18-19m for someone who can join an otherwise young-ish team and make a immediate contribution, keeping it up for three or so years is worth the investment.

How much was Cole on a week? It seems possible that Luis would cost as much as or only a little more than Cole did on a yearly basis, even with a seemingly large transfer fee, and at this point he'd be an upgrade.

But purely being an upgrade on Cole without costing much more doesn't mean it is the right option.

lzheyi   

Not unless he can play five positions at the same time they won't.

I think you are really underestimating man utd.

their budget is dunno how many times higher than us according to FFP rules.

But purely being an upgrade on Cole without costing much more doesn't mean it is the right option.

And a player being almost 29 doesn't mean they're the wrong option.

I'll be honest, I've seen little of Luis and am not in a position to offer an opinion on him. I'm just not put off him by his age or the reported figures.

paulw66   

And what players will go there when they are not in the CL?

paulw66   

And a player being almost 29 doesn't mean they're the wrong option.

I'll be honest, I've seen little of Luis and am not in a position to offer an opinion on him. I'm just not put off him by his age or the reported figures.

Me neither but almost 20m for a 29 year old full back seems a lot to me.

Good.

They'll need at least five times more money to get near us.

bert19   

Good.

They'll need at least five times more money to get near us.

They are somewhat between a rock and a hard place here. Firstly no CL does put top players off a lot of the time.

Secondly, clubs often have to offer much improved salaries to established top level players in order to persuade them to abandon CL football for (at least) a season.

Thirdly, selling clubs know full well United are in pretty desperate need of adding real quality to their squad, so I would presume prices are immediately going up.

And lastly, the entire world seems to have a pretty good idea of what Rooney is now earning (and it's ridiculous), so top players can basically play hardball and demand huge contracts if United want them. They could be in for a few fairly surprising conversations this summer.....