• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

paulw66   

If we go along with the notion that Costa and Luis are more or less done deals, the next player I would love to see would be a Pogba/Vidal type player. As that would leave us with a midfield if:

-------------Matic--------------

---Pogba/Vidal------Cesc---

---Oscar-----------Hazard---

Or

---------Matic-----Pogba-----------

Willian---Oscar/Cesc----Hazard

Now that's what you would call options and depth, although if such a midfielder did come in you would imagine that either Mikel or Ramires would have to leave.

Think Mikel is a gonner anyway. Currently we have Matic, Ramires, Fabregas, MvG....

I think it's more likely that MvG will go out on loan. Either that or resign himself to two League Cup starts for the entire season...

paulw66   

I think it's more likely that MvG will go out on loan. Either that or resign himself to two League Cup starts for the entire season...

on what grounds?

If we go along with the notion that Costa and Luis are more or less done deals, the next player I would love to see would be a Pogba/Vidal type player. As that would leave us with a midfield if:

Or

Now that's what you would call options and depth, although if such a midfielder did come in you would imagine that either Mikel or Ramires would have to leave.

There's certainly some rumopurs doing the rounds about Kroos and/or Pogba.

Let's just assume we would take Courtois back, sign Costa and Luis and one of Pogba and Kroos. Then I'd imagine Mikel would leave (and not Ramires) giving us an amazing midfield and AM squad - both in quality and depth.

CM: Matic, Fabregas, Pogba, Kroos, Ramires, Van Ginkel, Chalobah

AM: Fabregas, Kroos, Oscar, Hazard, Willian, Schurrle, Salah

That's 12 options for 5 positions. With Van Ginkel, Chalobah and Salah being more of "projects" and then 9 established high quality players.

Sky Sports reporting that Shaw to Man Utd deal is done.

So in signing Mata, Fellaini, Herrera and Shaw they've spent £123.6m on 4 players.

At what point do we get to accuse them of trying to 'buy success' like they do with us and City?

Sky Sports reporting that Shaw to Man Utd deal is done.

So in signing Mata, Fellaini, Herrera and Shaw they've spent £123.6m on 4 players.

At what point do we get to accuse them of trying to 'buy success' like they do with us and City?

Never.

United are a normal club now, and by that I mean they don't have one of the greatest managers of all time to make up for the inadequacies of their squad. I expect them to spend a fair bit more.

DLU   

United massively overpaying, but since it's them the press is calling it 'rebuilding', whereas we'd by accused of 'ruining football', had we done the same. In any case, it will make their failure all the sweeter. I honestly don't believe they are getting great value for money.

DLU   

Or

To be honest, I'd rather take Kroos. He is said to be cheaper (assuming Pogba would cost anywhere close to the 60m that are rumoured) and his distribution of the ball has been impressive for Germany so far, while he's also been reliable going back.

on what grounds?

On the grounds that his injury essentially wrote last season off, so is starting again this season very nearly at square one in terms of trying to establish himself in the first team. Is he going to be played ahead of either Fabregas or Matic? Or Ramires? Or even Mikel?

He can try, but I don't see him getting a huge amount of time.