• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

I don't get how we can afford £60 million for Pogba. If we spent £27 million on Fabregas, and will spend £32 million on Costa, £20 million on Luis, and potentially £35 million on Mangala, as well as £15 million on another striker, that's £190 million. Just where are we getting this money from?

And £48 million is what we got for Luiz - BBC and a lot of media outlets said it. £30-32 million is allegedly what we are asking for Lukaku. Mikel, Marin, Moses, Ba & Bertrand, for me, are worth a total of about £40 million. Cech, if we sell him, would bring in about £20 million. So we would have brought in £140 million but still have a net spend of £50 million.

I guess we can afford a net spend of £50 million, given the bigger TV contract, our CL progress and the £10 million transfer surplus from January.

I would love Pogba - I would just be very surprised if we will spend £60 million on him. Kroos is excellent, only 3 years older, and a whole lot cheaper.

Just a few things, James.........

1) We don't really know what the Pogba transfer fee will be. If we're seriously looking at signing him (and we don't know that for sure, either), then it maybe that, or less, or involve a player swap.

2) We haven't as yet, actually 'spent' 32 mill on Costa, or 20 mill on Luis. We may buy one, or both, or neither.

3) Whilst we've certainly been linked to Mangala, the media is now talking about him going elsewhere.

Don't panic on the basis of (often conflicting) media reports and rumours. Credit the club with knowing what we're doing, and how much we can spend.

DLU   

Did anyone see Ramires' performance after he was subbed in for Brazil yesterday? I stand by my words, I will never understand how this person has made it into CFC's & Brazil's squad. Very, very poor display by an average player.

In any case, Kroos would be a huge improvement on him and with Kroos, Fabs and Matic we'd have the right balance between passing, skill, composure and defensive abilities. Plus it would allow us to drop Oscar, or at least not rely on him as our playmaker so much. I gave Oscar lots of benefit of the doubt, but I am starting to think that he might not turn into the massive player we all want him to be after all.

DLU   

I don't get how we can afford £60 million for Pogba. If we spent £27 million on Fabregas, and will spend £32 million on Costa, £20 million on Luis, and potentially £35 million on Mangala, as well as £15 million on another striker, that's £190 million. Just where are we getting this money from?

And £48 million is what we got for Luiz - BBC and a lot of media outlets said it. £30-32 million is allegedly what we are asking for Lukaku. Mikel, Marin, Moses, Ba & Bertrand, for me, are worth a total of about £40 million. Cech, if we sell him, would bring in about £20 million. So we would have brought in £140 million but still have a net spend of £50 million.

I guess we can afford a net spend of £50 million, given the bigger TV contract, our CL progress and the £10 million transfer surplus from January.

I would love Pogba - I would just be very surprised if we will spend £60 million on him. Kroos is excellent, only 3 years older, and a whole lot cheaper.

I've still not given up hope that we won't sign Costa after all...and £35 million on Mangala? I genuinely doubt that.

Just a few things, James.........

1) We don't really know what the Pogba transfer fee will be. If we're seriously looking at signing him (and we don't know that for sure, either), then it maybe that, or less, or involve a player swap.

2) We haven't as yet, actually 'spent' 32 mill on Costa, or 20 mill on Luis. We may buy one, or both, or neither.

3) Whilst we've certainly been linked to Mangala, the media is now talking about him going elsewhere.

Don't panic on the basis of (often conflicting) media reports and rumours. Credit the club with knowing what we're doing, and how much we can spend.

1) We don't 'know' but pretty much every media outlet is putting out a fee of £60 million. Even if that's a bit out, it's going to be hugely expensive.

2) No, not techinically - but use a bit of common sense. Those deals are essentially done, not quite sure what the hold up has been, but even Costa himself has said he's joining Chelsea.

3) Fair enough point - but we have been linked with him and the buyout clause is £35 million apparently, certainly Porto are going to charge a lot for him according to reports.

And on a general point, if we aren't signing Costa, please tell me who we are signing as our number one striker? We need two strikers, not one. Presuming the second one will be about £15-20 million, so who exactly is going to be the first one who is actually available outside Costa? One bad tournament when half fit in a team not built to his strengths who all played badly, makes no difference to what he did last season in a team built to play much like we play.

Sell Oscar to PSG and get James the God Rodriguez.

He cost Monaco £38 million last summer. And he was just quoted as saying he wants to play for Madrid.

After this World Cup, and last nights goal, his value will be up beyond £50 million now. He looks a great player, been impressed by him all tournament. But can't see us getting him.

I don't get how we can afford £60 million for Pogba. If we spent £27 million on Fabregas, and will spend £32 million on Costa, £20 million on Luis, and potentially £35 million on Mangala, as well as £15 million on another striker, that's £190 million. Just where are we getting this money from?.

We're not buying Mangala. Jose is quoted in January as saying that we bought Zouma as a cheaper alternative to Mangala. I doubt we're even looking at a CB.

1) We don't 'know' but pretty much every media outlet is putting out a fee of £60 million. Even if that's a bit out, it's going to be hugely expensive.

2) No, not techinically - but use a bit of common sense. Those deals are essentially done, not quite sure what the hold up has been, but even Costa himself has said he's joining Chelsea.

3) Fair enough point - but we have been linked with him and the buyout clause is £35 million apparently, certainly Porto are going to charge a lot for him according to reports.

And on a general point, if we aren't signing Costa, please tell me who we are signing as our number one striker? We need two strikers, not one. Presuming the second one will be about £15-20 million, so who exactly is going to be the first one who is actually available outside Costa? One bad tournament when half fit in a team not built to his strengths who all played badly, makes no difference to what he did last season in a team built to play much like we play.

1) As WAGNH mentions in this post (http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2014/6/29/5853856/chelsea-paul-pogba-60m) the Pogba stories have been regurgitated from a goal.com article. Goal.com is one of the most unreliable sources out there so I'd put no weight into their claims.

2) I agree that the Costa deal is likely but the Luis deal being held up could suggest that we're looking elsewhere. It's also informative that Atletico haven't really sold anyone yet so maybe they're looking to make their purchases first before selling.

3) Look at my post above.

As for which other striker we could target, well Mandzukic is certainly on the market and would suit our style of play. Also, we've been linked to Aubameyang by France Football so that's another option. Either one of those could be an addition to Costa.

I just want James Rodriguez for our club! Now!

I'm surprised it took almost 12 hours.

Apart from that goal, he looked pretty average to me...

Meanwhile Juan Zuniga keeps showing Ramires what a player he could be, if he had any skill with the ball.