• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

You can tell that England are out of the World Cup now that the Sunday papers are occupying themselves with random big money transfer speculation again.

You can tell that England are out of the World Cup now that the Sunday papers are occupying themselves with random big money transfer speculation again.

To be fair the sunday papers have been like this for years.

Well yes. But they had taken a short break to report on England's failure. :p

Edited by stokerino

Holymoly   

Unfortunately, the fact that James Rodriguez plays for Monaco goes a long way to suggest that the kid has his head turned by money rather than a wish for footballing glory. All luck to the kid but I can't see us ever getting a crack at him.

Scooba   

Unfortunately, the fact that James Rodriguez plays for Monaco goes a long way to suggest that the kid has his head turned by money rather than a wish for footballing glory. All luck to the kid but I can't see us ever getting a crack at him.

Not necessarily. The amount that Monaco offered meant that Porto and/or his agent were probably forcing him out the door.

life   

Rumours that 2 bids have been placed for pogba, one from us and one from psg.

Don't know where it originated from.

Scooba   

Rumours that 2 bids have been placed for pogba, one from us and one from psg.Don't know where it originated from.

I was thinking that just about every player would choose us over PSG but I'm wondering if being french might have an impact on his decision?

Where did you see the rumours?

DLU   

People who genuinely believe we will sign Pogba are deluded. Simples as.

People who genuinely believe we will sign Pogba are deluded. Simples as.

No they really aren't, it's unlikely we will sign Pogba for something like £60 million. But to call people deluded for believing or hoping we sign Pogba is a pointless dig. I would say it's more deluded to think we would sign Messi or Ronaldo, but Pogba no.

DLU   

No they really aren't, it's unlikely we will sign Pogba for something like £60 million. But to call people deluded for believing or hoping we sign Pogba is a pointless dig. I would say it's more deluded to think we would sign Messi or Ronaldo, but Pogba no.

Hoping and genuinely believing are two different things. I am not an avid follower of transfer rumours merry-go-round but I can recall Juventus saying they won't sell and Pogba saying he won't leave. Moreover, 60m isn't the kind of money we throw around these days, especially not for a 21 year old.