• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Reality Check. If I was a very good and in demand German footballer, being offered a double pay rise and financial security forever, by 2 clubs from abroad, that I had no previous attraction or involvement with, I'd go to RM. Much as I would like it to, I can't see this happening just because we offer a bit more in wages.

DLU   

You major in insulting personal comments and offensive posts on here, and if you don't understand that (just like you apparently don't remember why you have two official warnings), then you're certainly not as perceptive as you seem to think you are. I chose to ignore your snide post, but trust me, your time is fast running out.

I honestly have no idea what you are talking about, and stop taking this so seriously. It's an internet forum, not the houses of parliament.

Scooba   

Reality Check. If I was a very good and in demand German footballer, being offered a double pay rise and financial security forever, by 2 clubs from abroad, that I had no previous attraction or involvement with, I'd go to RM. Much as I would like it to, I can't see this happening just because we offer a bit more in wages.

People have a bit of an unhealthy obsession that Real Madrid is the be-all and end-all, that every players dream is to play for them one day. Reality check, it isn't. There are so many factors when deciding on you're next move that it's not just a simple case of "yep, Real is who I want to play for". There's not much that seperates Europes top 5 or so clubs and we are certainly a very attractive option to any player. Of course, we may not even be in for Kroos or he might prefer to sign for Real but I wouldn't be writing us off just because it's the almighty Madrid that want him.

I would say Tiago will definitely be here.

Kroos is not that likely, and more an opportunistic target.

I expect next year playing a 433

MID - Matic, Cesc, Oscar, Ramires, Mikel, MVG (with that being the order of being most likely selected as well)

WIDE - Eden, Willian, Shurrle, Salah

Playing 4-2-3-1

MID - Matic, Cesc, Ramires, Mikel, MVG

Central - Oscar, Cesc, Willian

Wide - Eden, Willian, Shurrle, Salah, Oscar.

433 actually works with Matic holding, Oscar and Cesc in front of them.

Very creative, great ball retention, can play possession + counter with all 3 players, and Cesc and Oscar get through a lot of work for attacking minded midfielders.

didn't add new players, because we don't know who we will get or who they will replace.

Personally I would add BOTH Kroos and Tiago. Letting Mikel and Ramires go, and MVG purely backup, and play 433.

Sorry to the Mikel fans. I don't hate him, I just think that Matic does a similar role, with more creativity, and that Kroos would take up the other "dominate midfield" role.

I think you are right about Kroos being an opportunistic target as a player of his level for £20m in todays market is an absolute steal, while £125k per week is hardly mega money when you compare it to a lot of other players. As for Mikel and Ramires leaving I can't personally see it as that would mean that we have a completely new midfield more or less. That said Mikel's comments the other day seemed to me that the club may be looking to sell him and he doesn't fancy it much but for me I think Ramires stays, barring a mega bid, as he is now Jose's utility man as he can play about three/four positions and adds a defensive option if we need to see a game out. As for Tiago I am not too sure that is as close as some in the press made out as a) He has been a free agent since Tuesday and been able to negotiate with clubs since Jan, if he was a nailed on certainty surely we would've had news? b) rumours say that he wants a two year contract but I don't see how this works when in the past few seasons we've refused to give out two year contracts to the likes of Terry, Lampard, Cole, Drogba and Eto'o. That said, I do think Tiago is a good player and I thought we should never have sold him but for him to come in I think he is going to have to accept a one year deal with an option to extend and MVG is going to have to be loaned out.

I honestly have no idea what you are talking about, and stop taking this so seriously. It's an internet forum, not the houses of parliament.

It's an internet forum where you're expected to discuss opinions without trading in insults, and attempting to put others down who don't share your opinion. Now that's something that so far during your time here, you've failed to grasp. it's simply not necessary to insult others to make your argument. People have different opinions, and they're entitled to voice them without having to put up with the sort of rubbish you seem unable to resist. It doesn't make you look clever, or superior - quite the opposite in fact. Now if you don't appreciate that, then you know where the door is - but you are on your last warning. Move on now, or out - up to you.

Holymoly   

If Cech was to leave, I'd guess Monaco or PSG would be the places to go. Not so much for money or because their keepers are poor (although they are by comparison, of course) but because they'd be good fits for what I expect his personal life to be.

The wife and kids are settled in London/Surrey (his kids were born in and have only ever known London), which has a large eastern and central European community to make them feel at home, but PSG and Monaco would be virtually commutable from the Chelsea home.

You do know where Monaco is right?

Sarin   

You do know where Monaco is right?

Might be a case of "France right, and France basically touches England"

Slight soap opera atmosphere here.

Anyhow, in terms of signings, I think given Costa and Tiago will take us up to our foreigner limit, that if we sign Kroos, MVG will go on loan, and Mikel is going to be sold in favour of Chalobah, who is home grown.

Fabregas, Matic, Kroos, Ramires (yes, on the bench), Tiago and Chalobah. Allowing us to play 4-3-3 and 4-2-3-1 and alternate during games. Would be excellent, gotta say.