• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Scooba   

Right then folks, a lot of activity over the last couple days. Who do you think will be next to leave? Who do you think (if any) will be next to sign?

I doubt anyone will predict the correct answer to both of them!

*first team only*

Google it...it's well documented and reported on. Here's an example:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2013/jun/10/players-wages-premier-league

Obviously no player will accept a 5k basic, but you could easily reduce them from 100k per week to 75k per week and then make up the other 25k (maybe even more) with bonus/incentive payments which won't count towards FFP.

And our 'ridiculous' sponsorship for Shirt, Stadium and Campus doesn't look so ridiculous now compared to Man Utd's combined £143mil per year sponsorship deals.

I don't think you understand this.

Yes incentives mean lower pay in bad years, more in good years, which makes it easier to cope with the bad years. But it doesn't bring pay down on average. If smoothing your FFP results were an objective it would be one way to do it. But it isn't City's objective. You are just way over the top and need much more than cosmetic work to get back in line (if you really intend to).

And yes your sponsorhip remains a laughing matter.

Right then folks, a lot of activity over the last couple days. Who do you think will be next to leave? Who do you think (if any) will be next to sign?

*first team only*

Cech out.

Pogba in.

Incidentally on SkyBet we're 4/7 on Pogba and 7/2 on Barkley.

I wouldn't write off the signing of another defender early on however, or another striker if Lukaku were to go.

Edited by Hulk Smash

*first team only*

Fraid so. Every early August I get very excited about going into the new season with a full squad for the first time in years. I go on holiday and come back with a rant about how our squad is tinier than ever.

On that basis Mikel, Bertrand, Lukaku, Courtois/Cech (mostly likely Courtois IMO), Ba already, and maybe Salah (loan) are all probably off. Zouma or Omeruo on loan.

Selling Mikel is daft, but no one could sell Ramires, they'd be 15 bids overnight if it were rumoured he was available.

And until we see Oscar back in training at Cobham, I'm a little worried we might have to cash in on him (or swap him for Cavani).

Fraid so. Every early August I get very excited about going into the new season with a full squad for the first time in years. I go on holiday and come back with a rant about how our squad is tinier than ever.

On that basis Mikel, Bertrand, Lukaku, Courtois/Cech (mostly likely Courtois IMO), Ba already, and maybe Salah (loan) are all probably off. Zouma or Omeruo on loan.

Selling Mikel is daft, but no one could sell Ramires, they'd be 15 bids overnight if it were rumoured he was available.

And until we see Oscar back in training at Cobham, I'm a little worried we might have to cash in on him (or swap him for Cavani).

I think you can rest easy Droy as I think the following is mostly true:

Ramires: It is quite clear he is liked by Jose, while he is also one of the few players in our squad that can play more than one position in our squad well so in my opinion he only leaves if we get mega money.

Lukaku: I can't see leaving as I think his homegrown status is going to be important and even if we did sell him who do we replace him with? There are very few players that play CF that are either available, affordable or any good at the moment.

Cech/Courtois: To be honest we only really need the one with Schwarzer around.

Mikel: If he can be replaced with a Pogba/Vidal type player then would he really be much of a miss? (Actually I don't think I need you to answer that one).

Salah: If he was to go out on loan, which I don't think he will, he would be replaced with a Piazon/Moses so the numbers would stay the same.

Zouma/Omeruo: Do we really need both in the squad if Christensen stays and plays/trains with a combination of the youth/first team? Also, it should be remembered that Omeruo has an ACoN this year.

Edited by sebcfc

BurnCK   

Breaking even isn't your only concern though. Your team had real trouble with ours last season and we have strengthened ridiculously for minimal outlay due to the Luiz, Ba and possibly Cech sales. Due to this, our team could still likely spend another £50mil and comply. Does your team have a Luiz to sell perhaps?

That would be the most interesting negotiation process...

"You know that $100k per week you're definitely getting now? How about we reduce that to $75k per week and we make the other $25k a maybe? :D"

I'm sure that would go down like a lead balloon.

Barcelona have been using that structure for ages and it can be done a game by game basis. So for a defender you say we'll give you £25,000 for if the team keep a clean sheet and £10,000 if we win (for example). An attacking midfielder might get a bonus for assists and goals scored. Etc, etc...you get the idea. I don't know the ins and outs, but pretty sure City's hierarchy have thought it through well...especially Soriano who came from Barcelona.

Edited by BurnCK

Mikel, Moses,Marin Romeu Macheachran etc sell sell sell. Why prolong the agony? Buy Khediera and another striker -Griezman for example.Sell Cech PVA. Keep MVG.

Sell Oscar - burnt out and in need of counselling. Thoughts?

BurnCK   

I don't think you understand this.

Yes incentives mean lower pay in bad years, more in good years, which makes it easier to cope with the bad years. But it doesn't bring pay down on average. If smoothing your FFP results were an objective it would be one way to do it. But it isn't City's objective. You are just way over the top and need much more than cosmetic work to get back in line (if you really intend to).

And yes your sponsorhip remains a laughing matter.

Doesn't really matter if it's a laughing matter or not...only that UEFA accept it, which they have. We're just not allowed to increase it during it's current term. The incentivised wage structure brings the wage bill down, add to that increased TV revenue, etc...

synavm   

I'd cash in on Oscar if we got a good fee and a bloody good winger the other way following a switch to 4-3-3. Say Di Maria or Rodriguez for example. Maybe bring in Khedira too if there were anything left. My concern there would be that there would be too many new players.

Still, I can't see Oscar going and Di Maria is as good as going to PSG and it seems Khedira is off to Arsenal.