• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Barcelona have been using that structure for ages and it can be done a game by game basis. So for a defender you say we'll give you £25,000 for if the team keep a clean sheet and £10,000 if we win (for example). An attacking midfielder might get a bonus for assists and goals scored. Etc, etc...you get the idea. I don't know the ins and outs, but pretty sure City's hierarchy have thought it through well...especially Soriano who came from Barcelona.

Tying performance into remuneration is nothing new. What I'm saying is that It's much harder to move established contracts to lower fixed remuneration. What Droy was saying is correct too, all things being equal this will not drop your wage bill.

I too would go with this, don't get me wrong I'm a big fan is Oscar but I just think the 3 behind Costa look a lot more exciting with Hazard in the middle and Schurlle on the left.

I genuinely believe for Hazard to reach his full potential he needs to be played through the middle.

Absolutely agree!

I'd cash in on Oscar if we got a good fee and a bloody good winger the other way following a switch to 4-3-3. Say Di Maria or Rodriguez for example. Maybe bring in Khedira too if there were anything left. My concern there would be that there would be too many new players.

Still, I can't see Oscar going and Di Maria is as good as going to PSG and it seems Khedira is off to Arsenal.

Di Maria will probably move to PSG with Madrid signing Kroos. Rodriguez is too expensive in all honesty, I think Monaco were demanding some ridiculous fee which was like 80mil.

I don't think Oscar should leave, despite his drop in form, he still has a boatload of potential, and offers a lot for marketing opportunities.

cam4blue   

bonus/incentive payments which won't count towards FFP.

Bonuses and "incentive payments" absolutely count toward FFP accounts. In what possible way could they not?

What a ridiculous notion.

Absolutely agree!

Maybe switching to a 3-6-1 formation which is basically a 3-5-1-1 formation, with Fabregas, Matic, and Oscar behind Hazard playing the 10 with Oscar pushing up on the attack. We can dominate the middle and have expansive play with the pace and stamina of Willian and Schurle out in the wings, or an alternate option of Azpi and Luis as wingbacks pushed up to press high. Actually, I think I'll go try this on football manager right now, I'll report back on results

BurnCK   

Bonuses and "incentive payments" absolutely count toward FFP accounts. In what possible way could they not? What a ridiculous notion.

Bonuses and "incentive payments" absolutely count toward FFP accounts. In what possible way could they not? What a ridiculous notion.

Sorry, prdidn't explain too well. So City have a wage cap imposed by FFP meaning we can't increase our current wage bill, however bonus payments don't count as confirmed by UEFA. So by restructuring we pay new players less than we would have previously and make it up in bonus payments. So say Lescott and Barry were on 125k each, we can now sign 3 new players on 80k each but offer them 45k in performance bonuses on top. We haven't increased our wage bill as 3x80k is 240k...10k less than Barry and Lescott combined.

The Real Madrid midfielder's agent, Jorg Neubauer, told Telegraph Sport:"We are not in talks with Arsenal. I don’t think a fee can have been agreed, otherwise I would have been told. When a club have an interest I am sure they will call me and we will speak about things. The same goes for Chelsea."

I sure hope we sneak him under the nose of Arsenal. Love it.

cam4blue   

Sorry, prdidn't explain too well. So City have a wage cap imposed by FFP meaning we can't increase our current wage bill, however bonus payments don't count as confirmed by UEFA. So by restructuring we pay new players less than we would have previously and make it up in bonus payments. So say Lescott and Barry were on 125k each, we can now sign 3 new players on 80k each but offer them 45k in performance bonuses on top. We haven't increased our wage bill as 3x80k is 240k...10k less than Barry and Lescott combined.

That may help you scrape by your FFP punishment, but it will not help you break even (which seemed to be what you were talking about). The opposite in fact.

Welcome back to the site BurnCK,

We shouldn't confuse the wage cap, which was imposed as a sanction for breaching FFP regulations, with the FFP calculation itself. Bonuses absolutely do count against that and any club, including yours and mine, whose bonus payments mean that they fail the break even test will find themselves in trouble with the FFP police. There is absolutely no point in a club structuring its wage bill in such a way that it gets around the salary cap sanction if it only means that they fail the FFP rules again and end up with another, presumably stiffer, penalty during the next season.

Having said that, City know all this and I think it's safe for us to assume that when they say they'll be OK for FFP, it means they'll be OK. Also...

On your point about United's astonishing deal. Did I understand correctly that you believe uefa would now accept a similar sized deal from one of City's related business sponsors? Personally I don't think they would. United's worldwide appeal to sponsors is above and beyond the appeal of your club or of mine. Undoubtedly United's arrangement will have raised the bar a bit so you'll probably be able to get an increased amount accepted for FFP but my guess is that it won't be anywhere near £75m a year. The only way you, or we, would get that sort of number accepted is if it came from an unrelated business and I don't see that happening.

BurnCK   

Welcome back to the site BurnCK,

We shouldn't confuse the wage cap, which was imposed as a sanction for breaching FFP regulations, with the FFP calculation itself. Bonuses absolutely do count against that and any club, including yours and mine, whose bonus payments mean that they fail the break even test will find themselves in trouble with the FFP police. There is absolutely no point in a club structuring its wage bill in such a way that it gets around the salary cap sanction if it only means that they fail the FFP rules again and end up with another, presumably stiffer, penalty during the next season.

Having said that, City know all this and I think it's safe for us to assume that when they say they'll be OK for FFP, it means they'll be OK. Also...

On your point about United's astonishing deal. Did I understand correctly that you believe uefa would now accept a similar sized deal from one of City's related business sponsors? Personally I don't think they would. United's worldwide appeal to sponsors is above and beyond the appeal of your club or of mine. Undoubtedly United's arrangement will have raised the bar a bit so you'll probably be able to get an increased amount accepted for FFP but my guess is that it won't be anywhere near £75m a year. The only way you, or we, would get that sort of number accepted is if it came from an unrelated business and I don't see that happening.

Ha no not at all. I'm just saying that it now makes our look reasonable value. £75 mil per year would be very good as it is for Utd, but add Chevrolet and AON to that and it's more like £145mil. Even if they don't get the full £75 mil, they'll still get in excess of £100 mil per year before gate receipts, TV money, etc, etc,.

Also I know the bonuses still count overall. I did mean just the wage cap, just didn't explain myself too well. It will help overall though. If pay someone 80k + 45k performance bonus instead of 125k then you will save money as the players aren't going to get the performance bonus every single game are they? Especially if they start a game on the bench and don't actually make it onto the pitch.

And in response to the other comment...if we break even this year, then next year shouldn't be a problem with increased TV money, new wage structure, etc.

Edited by BurnCK