• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Sciatika   

Regarding Markovic - haven't seen nearly enough of him to say for sure but I have a growing concern he'll look the biscuit for Liverpool and we're left to look a bit silly again.

When you say "biscuit" do you means crackers like the last one? Or just a bit of a hobnob.

Have posted this in the Salah thread as well, but this comes about as an quite upsetting and unfortunate news. Was looking forward to seeing him get a full season this year. Hope this can be sorted.

Military service causing problems for Chelsea’s Salah

Chelsea midfielder Mohamed Salah could find himself forced to return to Egypt to serve military duty due to a decision made by the Minister of Higher Education in Egypt to rescind his registration for an education program.

http://www.kingfut.com/2014/07/18/salahs-chelsea-career-balance-military-service/

Mohamed Salah @SalahStats · 2h

Apparently Mohamed Salah's career at Chelsea is at risk due to a decision (concerning him)taken by the Egyptian ministry of higher education

Mohamed Salah asked the Egyptian officials to intervene to resolve the crisis, in order to represent Egyptian football abroad.

Edited by AnniHilat0R

Scooba   

Surely he has enough money to tell them to get to **** and stay here? What could they do?

life   

Real Madrid are looking to sell Isco in order to fund a move for James Rodriguez (Marca)

Right.. 1 Madrid are idiots even considering selling him

2. We should be all over him imo.

I know some people are tired of am talk, but isco will improve it and squad over all.

Scooba   

Don't get the fascination with Isco. Looks ok, not someone we should be going all out to get. Di Maria is the only AM I would think about seriously trying for from Madrid.

Surely he has enough money to tell them to get to **** and stay here? What could they do?

I guess in Egypt, post education doing a compulsory military service year must a be rule. I hope he is granted an exemption.

synavm   

If Madrid are trying to ship him out, we really should at least try and bring in Di Maria. We are probably overstocked in that position but he would improve us.

Flinkers   

I wish people would stop going on about AM's, we've far more pressing concerns at CM, CF and even CB before we should start thinking about more AM's. I'm not saying AM can't be improved but selling say Willan to bring in Di Maria for £40m doesn't seem sensible to me when we've got a lack of top quality CM's and CF's.

In my opinion we've used this and the last window to address our obvious weaknesses in the team. We've got good options in both fullback positions, our central midfield is a lot stronger than January 2014 and we've hopefully got a centre forward who can score goals regularly.

What I'd be looking for now is squad depth. And, for me at least, that's not players of the calibre of di Maria, Griezmann and Pogba.

Don't get the fascination with Isco. Looks ok, not someone we should be going all out to get. Di Maria is the only AM I would think about seriously trying for from Madrid.

Agree there, from what I've seen of Isco, he's not really an upgrade on any of the players we have now and is too good to be a realistic squad depth option.

The only way we should be looking at di Maria is if we're looking at shipping out one of Schürrle, Willian, Salah or Oscar.

Edited by Flinkers

Zoowraa   

If Madrid are trying to ship him out, we really should at least try and bring in Di Maria. We are probably overstocked in that position but he would improve us.

Like I mentioned , this will mean moving Hazard's position to either central or from the right.

Our AMs are more of a forward type attacking player,rather than a winger. This means we can play them on their opposite side to give the option of that player cutting in onto his stronger foot. Schurrle on the left, Salah on the right etc etc.

For me , Di Maria is more of an out and out winger. I appreciate for Argentina they play him tucked in more centrally in a 433 coming from deep, but I can't see us doing this. So I think to accommodate him, you will have to play him down the left hand side to use his pace and energy to attack fullbacks. You dont want Di Maria cutting in, you want him going past the full back on the outside.

Not saying that Hazard has to start from the left, but he has been our best attacking player for 2 seasons coming from this area of the pitch. I'm sure Hazard would thrive as a No 10, but then you wonder where Oscar comes in and maybe Fabregas,though I expect him to be deeper.

Fantastic player Di Maria, just don't think he fits perfectly for how we shape up. He ain't no Hazard.

Edited by Zoowraa

Sunderland are about to buy Borini for 14mil. And to think that Rodgers paid 12mil for him 2 years ago.