• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

cam4blue   

There are a lot of stories going around regarding the third party ownership issue with Tiago.

How can you "own" part of a free agent?

Surely anything stopping him from signing for a football club without a fee being paid would be contrary to the Bosman ruling?

How can you "own" part of a free agent?

Surely anything stopping him from signing for a football club without a fee being paid would be contrary to the Bosman ruling?

Apparently his agent owns a portion of his economic rights, and this is not compatible with the legislation in the UK.

Either way, I didn't rate Tiago back then and am happy he's not signing. I'm hoping this will afford more opportunity to Van Ginkel.

What is the bolded part based on?

Based on his agent, Jorge Mendes still owning a % and therefore a 3rd party ownership which is banned in PL but not in Spain.

cam4blue   

Apparently his agent owns a portion of his economic rights, and this is not compatible with the legislation in the UK.

Based on his agent, Jorge Mendes still owning a % and therefore a 3rd party ownership which is banned in PL but not in Spain.

That isn't how third party-ownership works at all; it only concerns the proceeds of future transfer fees and is null and void at the end of a contract. What you are describing would against EU law and FIFA regulations.

I would guess that any story like that has been invented by the press to cover up the fact they had been caught out spinning lies. It simply cannot be true.

That isn't how third party-ownership works at all; it only concerns the proceeds of future transfer fees and is null and void at the end of a contract. What you are describing would against EU law and FIFA regulations.

I would guess that any story like that has been invented by the press to cover up the fact they had been caught out spinning lies. It simply cannot be true.

I'm definitely no expert on the subject, and while it may only concern proceeds from future transfers, I assume that the issue lies in the need for the agent to divest their economic ownership for the free transfer to occur in England.

As there are no proceeds from sale, there's no benefit for the third party to accept this.

Edited by Hulk Smash

paulw66   

Whatever - another step backwards avoided. Good news.

what are these other backward steps we have been taking?

challening for the title for the first time in 4 seasons? or getting to the CL semi final after crashing out in the group stage the yeat before?