• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

cc1173   

I was fairly positive we brought Lukaku for around £13 million up front, rising to around £18 with various add ons.

If I am right, considering he has never really played for us, very probable these add ons won't be paid.

Take into account loan fees received and likely transfer fee of £20-£25 million. Then I suspect we have made a nice tidy profit on him.

Not black and white this sale. I can understand the questioning of Lukaku in leaving us, but I can also sympathise with him and understand that he don't want to potentially risk stalling his career further.

Some will call it quitting, but he spent time with Jose last season and I imagine he picked up the vibe that he didn't fancy him. You may as well go somewhere where you are appreciated. Take our Chelsea sentiments aside, I'm sure we would take this similar decision for the best in our career.

I think the only thing that is very probable is that noone posting here knows how transfer addons, loan payments etc. work.

Nicholas   

You could equally argue that it is JM's cowardice.

Given the choice of putting Lukaku ahead or equal to Torres he decided to go for Eto'o.

My thoughts exactly. Why is no one questioning JM's approach to Lukaku? Many are assuming it is the player who wants to leave but we have no information on whetehr JM really does want him to stay or has tried to make him stay ..... just as we don't have any gernuine report on what Lukaku's original wish is.

Edited by Nicholas

Nicholas   

If Jose is really prepared to sacrifice Mikel then should we rule out a loan move for him? Given the reports that MJO needs to stay in the UK to qualify for citizenship, and that he wants to stay in London for family reasons, there could well be Premier League loan options for him. These might include Southampton who are within commuting distance.

That story about Mikel is rubbish. I hinted at its lack of logic here

Edited by Nicholas

Sir   

I don't know why so many get so confused. At the end of the day, if Jose wanted him here, Lukaku would stay here! Simple. We don't know what's going on in Jose's head, or Lukaku's head, we're not privy to what goes on, but it's obvious as I said if Jose wanted Lukaku to stay at Chelsea he would be staying. I imagine he'd be motivating him saying how important he is to us etc etc - as for Lukaku not being 'up for it here' we don't exactly know that, do we? I can't blame the guy for being annoyed at the lack of chances, for example. Look at Sturridge. He did the off, and flourished after not getting a chance as a striker as he had to cater to Mr useless in Torres.

Nicholas   

Because it's like questioning Warren Buffet's approach to the money business.

You'll have to do significantly better than this substance-bereft response if you want a conversation worth having.

Nicholas   

I don't know why so many get so confused. At the end of the day, if Jose wanted him here, Lukaku would stay here! Simple. We don't know what's going on in Jose's head, or Lukaku's head, we're not privy to what goes on, but it's obvious as I said if Jose wanted Lukaku to stay at Chelsea he would be staying. I imagine he'd be motivating him saying how important he is to us etc etc - as for Lukaku not being 'up for it here' we don't exactly know that, do we? I can't blame the guy for being annoyed at the lack of chances, for example. Look at Sturridge. He did the off, and flourished after not getting a chance as a striker as he had to cater to Mr useless in Torres.

Thank you!

mokilove   

Guys.....guys....guys...

Fabregas false nine!

No need for Lukaku ;)

And Schürrle.