• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Mata was one of the best players ever to wear a Chelsea shirt. Mata a quitter?

Sorry - he got the Jose treatment. It is assumed Lukaku is driving this. For me Jose doesnt 'like' him and so adios. I'm frustrated by this sale and the uncertainty over Courtois. If there are issues over quotas then a solution might be to ship out Mikel, Moses and Romeu. Give Torres away - Jose can start his excuses speeches already because as is we don't have enough goals-especially if Costa is injured. How will he get on in the Premiership anyway? Fabregas was a great signing - the rest is uninspiring. Lukaku good luck - Etoo last year and Drog this -who can blame him? He's going cheap too.

You are right of course. Mata would be damned if he left and damned if he didn't take the Man U offer.

Likewise Lukaku. Likewise Torres all the time.

It has little to do with the players, or to be honest with JM. It is the precious nature of some of our fans.

I don't know why so many get so confused. At the end of the day, if Jose wanted him here, Lukaku would stay here! Simple.

It is a little more complicated - Everton have put in a bid which (as I write) is expected to be big. If we got a bid for Torres things might be different.

As with Mata it is probably the price a buyer is willing to pay that is driving the deal as much as JM's plans.

Because it's like questioning Warren Buffet's approach to the money business.

Well I think that is a fair answer. But both JM, and especially Buffet, will say that you can't get all the decisions right. A few good deals get missed, and more importantly a few bad ones do get done.

Jedini   

Oh, no... First it was Sturridge, and now this young "magician". Blimey, how is the club gonna survive without them?

It has little to do with the players, or to be honest with JM. It is the precious nature of some of our fans.

Spot on.

People on here using terms such as quitter, spineless, bottler, but who if truth be told have absolutely no idea about what goes on behind the scenes.

As someone else said, it is rubbish to say that Lukaku went out on loan because HE pushed for the loan. But if Hazard pushed for a loan would he get it? Of course not. Mourinho would not let go of any player he truly wanted - be it sale or loan. The very fact that Chelsea agreed to let him go out told Lukaku all he needed to know about how much he was valued.

Financially this may be a good deal for the club, but in terms of squad depth we are now skating on thin ice up front. Once again.

I reckon we are one major injury (to Costa) away from a catastrophe. This being the case, I presume the club are working on a deal but God knows who.

Cavani? Why would he make his displeasure known at being played out wide for PSG and then come to play out wide for us?

Reus? Yes please. Now is the time to strike for him as the big Spanish teams have done their money on other attacking players and I'm sure Dortmund would rather sell him abroad than risk another of their players ending up at Bayern. Come on Chelsea - do it!!

You'll have to do significantly better than this substance-bereft response if you want a conversation worth having.

I don't.

Having a discussion on what each of us imagine is going on inside of someone else's head (in this case Mourinho's or Lukaku's) is inherently worthless.

But both JM, and especially Buffet, will say that you can't get all the decisions right. A few good deals get missed, and more importantly a few bad ones do get done.

Spot on. But there's little point trying to question the underlying decision making and judgement, because as their track record proves, they get it right often enough.

Spot on.

People on here using terms such as quitter, spineless, bottler, but who if truth be told have absolutely no idea about what goes on behind the scenes.

Financially this may be a good deal for the club, but in terms of squad depth we are now skating on thin ice up front. Once again.

I reckon we are one major injury (to Costa) away from a catastrophe. This being the case, I presume the club are working on a deal but God knows who.

They are indeed very strong insults.

For me Torres should be CF3 this season. But Drogba is CF 3 too. I agree, we need a CF2 (or a CF1 ahead of Costa).

I have a nasty feeling that it will be a season later (or let's be honest 2 seasons late).

Karan   

You could equally argue that it is JM's cowardice.

Given the choice of putting Lukaku ahead or equal to Torres he decided to go for Eto'o.

Alternatively if Lukaku didn't back himself against Eto'o, Torres and Ba he certainly was never going to do so against Costa, Drogba and Torres (in that order).

I'm not denying the club ( in particular than JM) had a role in this eventuality. The disillusionment was certainly evident at the end of the 2011-12 session when despite reaching two finals, and sacrificing the league he wasn't getting any major opportunities apart from some in the beginning and a start at the end (iirc). He was certainly an odd impulse buy at the time despite having the likes of Drogba, Kalou, Sturridge, Torres, Anelka on the books. AVB didn't seem to have any use of him and RDM was always going to go to the tried and trusted.

While the WBA loan was necessary I don't think his single minded determination helped him with his loan to Everton. He may have needed games to be in the Belgium WC squad but he'd had have been better off playing and competing at a higher level.

Surely that's Everton's transfer budget blown out.