• Current Donation Goals

Harvz

Transfer Talk Topic

Schurrle not?

A+

It would however provide space for us to bring in a better attacking mid than we already have. Schurrle / Oscar / Willian are good but are at similar ability at present.

Edited by Hulk Smash

Would be genuinely gutted to see Shurrle go if this is true.

I would be bloody devastated. Not least because my new away shirt with his name on would be there as an eternal reminder!

crux   

Jose mentioned him as one of the players that he was building his squad around. I don't remember the exact quote but he was talking about pre-season and was saying that we're doing well, even without the players we have our team built around - Hazard, Oscar, Schurrle.

I don't think he's going anywhere.

http://www.marca.com/2014/07/31/en/football/spanish_football/1406791886.html

And this is how the BBC is reporting the rumour:

"Atletico Madrid are set to sign Andre Schurrle from Chelsea in a move that would see defender Miranda heading to Stamford Bridge, reports Spanish daily Marca.

Forward Schurrle, who was a member of Germany's World Cup-winning squad, has had a bit-part role under Blues boss Jose Mourinho after moving to Stamford Bridge last summer.

According to Marca, Atletico remain on the hunt for attacking reinforcements after seeing Diego Costa, David Villa and Adrian leave."

Not really reporting it, they're reporting someone else having reported it and staying true to that report, as they should.

You mean La Liga, presumably, but yeah, I'm struggling to see how you could sell it to Cech that he should move on (which is why I can't see him leaving). He must've been promised a fair fight. And I don't see him losing just yet.

Since Courtois seems to be staying, we must be keeping both.

Confusion somewhere - I was saying what we might have said to Cech back in 2004, and comparing that to Courtois in 2014.

I can't see us keeping us both + Schwarzer - so some kind of surprise is likely.

For those insisting Romelu was not given a chance, read the quotes below to see for yourself that in the 2011-12 season he admits later that he was not ready to be a professional (even though three years ago he felt otherwise).

Before the 12/13 season he was the one who wanted to go on loan. Chelsea saw that as the best option too, but that is not the point. Up until then, from the time the transfer took place, they had did what they could to help a young lad maximize his carreer.

Then, after 17 PL goals at West Brom, Jose took over. What happened? He was loaned out again. But was that Joses fault? Most definitely not! Lukaku was given a lot of game time in pre-season, and Jose seemed eager to give Lukaku a real opportunity, considering he was introduced in the Super Cup final, and also given the chance to take a penalty. Every indication (At that moment Ba was not even on the bench, and was definitely the one who would be loaned out pending the arrival of Etoo). Etoo signed as a third of what Jose was planning to be a strike force of three: an out of form Torres, a likely over the top and in bad condition old man in Etoo signed on a free transfer, and an up and coming, ambitious 20 year old in attack position. Then deadline Day comes, Bas medical at Arsenal is cancelled as Lukaku takes a u-turn and wants a loan. He is not ready to fight for a place in the squad.

I would say Romelu was given every chance at Chelsea. No player without the Chelsea pedigree to prove it can come into our club and demand to play, let alone a 20-year old with obvious areas in need for improvement. We did the best we could after we signed him. Perhaps we shouldn't at that moment, and perhaps we should have managed his expectations better when he signed as an 18-year old, but that is another story.

Chelsea are a big club and taught me how to be professional. When I came to England I was 18 and knew nothing about being professional.

I was very ambitious but Chelsea taught me about a work ethics and winning mentality.

I don't have negative feelings about that football club.

Disagree with all this, and the quotes just go to show Lukaku as humble, not arrogant (and the TV interview in Belium, which I think they came from, really showed him as polite and humble).